Bermaz Motor under the Dinamikjaya Motors arm has now officially launched the 2022 Kia Carnival here in Malaysia, following a preview event last year. As previously reported, the all-new Kia Carnival will be offered in a sole 11-seater variant, priced at RM196,341.
Kia calls the Carnival a “Grand Utility Vehicle”, which, as the name suggests, means its styling is significantly inspired by SUVs. These include the reworked proportions with a longer bonnet, sculpted front and rear bumpers with metallic trims, bold wheel arches, and even an “island roof” design with blacked-out A- and B- pillars plus a stylised chrome fin C-pillar.
As standard, the exterior of the 2022 Kia Carnival in Malaysia comes with the following items:
- Automatic LED projector headlights with integrated LED daytime-running lights
- Bulb-type combination tail lights
- 18-inch Y-spoke two-tone alloy wheels
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Dual smart powered sliding doors
- Smart powered tailgate
- Roof rails
- Exterior colour choices: Astra Blue, Silky Silver, Aurora Black Pearl, Snow White Pearl, Panthera Metal, Flare Red
The all-new 2022 Kia Carnival is powered by a refreshed 2.2 litre four-cylinder turbodiesel engine.
- Engine: 2,151 cc, Smartstream D2.2 four-cylinder turbodiesel
- Transmission: 8-speed automatic transmission
- Driveline: Front engine, front-wheel drive
- Max horsepower: 199 hp @ 3,800 rpm
- Max torque: 440 Nm @ 1,750 – 2,750 rpm
- Top speed: 190 km/h
- Rated fuel consumption: 6.5 l/100km (NEDC)
As mentioned above, the all-new 2022 Kia Carnival will only be offered in a sole 11-seater variant here in Malaysia in a 2-3-3-3 configuration. The smaller centre seats in row two and three can be folded away forming an aisle to access the fourth-row seats, while the last row of seats can be completely folded away into the cargo floor when not in use.
For the Malaysian market, the all-new Kia Carnival comes with the following as standard:
- Analogue instrument cluster with 4.2-inch TFT multi-info display
- 12.3-inch touchscreen infotainment display with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto
- Wireless charger
- Seven USB ports
- Rotary electronic gear-selector knob with electronic parking brake
- Three-zone automatic air-conditioning (dual-zone front, single-zone rear), with four roof-mounted air vents for the rear
- Eight-way powered seats for front passengers, plus two-way lumbar adjustment and memory function for driver
- Leatherette upholstery
- Manual sunshade for rear side windows
In terms of safety, the all-new Kia Carnival here in Malaysia currently does not get any sort of advanced driver assistance features.
- Seven airbags, including driver knee-bags
- ABS with EBD and Brake Assist
- Electronic Stability Control and Traction Control
- Hill-start Assist Control and Auto Hold
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Rear-cross traffic alert
The all-new 2022 Kia Carnival in Malaysia is priced at RM196,341 on-the-road, without insurance, and inclusive of the SST exemptions. The car is currently being fully-imported from South Korea, although the company says that CKD operations will start sometime this year.
Also included in the price is a five-year/100,000 km warranty, as well as a five-year/100,000 km free scheduled maintenance programme.