Earlier this week, Volvo Car Malaysia informally announced the pricing of their latest addition to the local line-up- the 2022 Volvo V60. Great news as from today onwards, the new Volvo V60 is available for viewing and booking at all authorised Volvo dealers in Malaysia.
As per the originally released price list on Monday, the Volvo V60 for Malaysia is offered in just one variant- the Recharge T8 plug-in hybrid powertrain and in Inscription grade. It is priced from RM286,909.59 on-the-road without insurance and is inclusive of the ongoing sales tax exemption.
Apart from the usual SUVs and sedans that Volvo offers, the Swedish company is also a purveyor of fine estates or station wagons. This body style, under the ‘V’ naming, allows ample luggage area without the need for a high-riding floor; basically a large hatchback with a near-vertical tailgate. Volvo Car Malaysia introduced the V90 alongside the flagship S90 sedan in the initial phase in 2017.
In the Inscription grade of the V60, the estate gets:
- Inscription Grille with chrome frame
- Bright finished roof rails
- 19-inch rims in black with diamond-cut polishing, 235/40R19 tyres
- Full LED headlamps with active high beam and active bending lights
- Door Handles with illumination and Ground lighting
- Handsfree power-operated tailgate
- Panoramic moonroof
The one-piece tailgate features powered opening and closing and a convenient foot sensor for hands-free activation. Four colours are available which are pearl white, black, silver and Thunder Grey.
Inside, the Volvo V60 Recharge T8 Inscription has a choice of Driftwood Decor inlays with black upholstery or Linear Lime Decor inlays with brown upholstery, paired with Orrefors Crystal gear lever and a non-sport steering wheel with Unideco inlay.
- Digital instrument cluster, 12.3-inch display
- Head-up display
- Orrefors Crystal Gear Lever
- Diamond-cut engine start-stop knob, drive mode selector and volume knob
- Powered front seats with cushion extenders and 4-way lumbar support
- Dual-zone auto air-conditioning with Clean Zone Interior Air Quality System
- Sensus Connect nine-inch integrated colour touchscreen
- Harman Kardon Premium Sound Audio System with 14-speakers (600 Watts)
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity
In its most conservative setting with the rear seats up and tonneau cover in place, the boot area offers some 529 litres of space and is expandable to over 1,400 litres with the seats folded down. The rear seats fold in a less utilitarian 60:40-split.
Similar to the S60 sedan, the Volvo V60 is only offered in the range-topping plug-in hybrid powertrain called the Recharge T8. Outputs are familiar figures, with a total of 407 hp and 640 Nm of torque combining power from the super- and turbocharged 2.0-litre engine and a rear electric motor unit. A fully charged battery allows up to 49 km of electric range.
- Engine: 2.0-litre, 4-cylinder, supercharged and turbocharged
- Engine max rated output: 320 hp, 400 Nm
- Electric motor max rated output: 87 hp, 240 Nm
- Total combined system horsepower: 407 hp @ 5,700 rpm
- Total combined system torque: 640 Nm @ 1,200-5,400 rpm
- Battery capacity: 11.6 kWh
- Drivetrain: Front engine, rear motor, electric AWD
- 0-100 km/h: 4.6 seconds
- Top speed: 180 km/h
- Electric range: 49 km
- Fuel consumption: 2.0 l/100km
The new V60 continues to be equipped with the Volvo IntelliSafe advanced driver assistance systems. To recap, key features in the ADAS suite include:
- Pilot Assist
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- City Safety autonomous emergency braking, with Steering Support
- Blind-Spot Information System (BLIS) with Steer Assist
- Lane Keeping Aid
- Cross-Traffic Alert, front and rear with mitigation support
- 360-degree Surround View Camera
- Oncoming Lane Mitigation
The new locally-assembled Volvo V60 Recharge T8 in Malaysia is priced at RM286,909.59 on-the-road, without insurance, and inclusive on the ongoing sales tax exemptions, and increases to RM305,888 once the exemption discontinues.
Included in the price is a five-year unlimited mileage warranty and a plug-in hybrid (PHEV) battery warranty coverage of eight years or 160,000 km, whichever comes first.