Lamborghini announces best half-year results ever, confirms two new Urus models this year

Post pandemic rut and global recession? No such thing in the world of the ultrarich. Amidst financial uncertainties and geopolitical tensions all around the world, Lamborghini has just announced that January to June 2022 is its “best six months ever” in terms of sales, turnover, and profitability, as if nothing bad is happening in the world.

Global deliveries for the supercar maker stood at 5,090 units, representing a growth of 4.9% over the same period last year. In terms of money, however, the company’s operating jumped a massive 69.6% from EUR251 million to EUR425 million.

Lamborghini attributes the step-up in profitability to the increase in volumes, product offerings, more customisation from its customers, as well as the positive exchange rates.

The Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) remains the biggest market for Lamborghini, accounting for 41% of the total volume. The Americas took 34% of the share, while Asia Pacific accounted for 25% of sales in the first half of the year. In terms of countries, however, the United States retains its top spot (1,521 units), followed by China (576), Germany (468), United Kingdom (440), and the Middle East (282).

Unsurprisingly, the Urus SUV is still the most popular model in Lamborghini’s line-up, accounting for a whopping 61% of the overall sales in the first six months of 2022. The rest of the 39% are made up of the Huracan and Aventador – the latter now at the end of its production, according to Lamborghini.

ALSO READ: Lamborghini’s first EV will launch between 2027-2028

Lamborghini doesn’t seem to be slowing down any time soon, either, as Chairman and CEO Stephan Winkelmann said in a statement today that its orders taken so far have already exceeded its production capacity for 2023.

The statement also revealed that the supercar maker is planning for three new product announcements for Lamborghini this year, including two new Urus models, and one for the Huracan.

For the former, rumours suggest that there will be a more performance-oriented variant as part of the Urus’ mid-cycle facelift upgrade, to go up against the recently-unveiled Aston Martin DBX707. The juiced-up super SUV, rumoured to be called the Urus Evo, could also be joined by a plug-in hybrid variant this year, as outlined in the brand’s Direzioni Cor Tauri roadmap.

As for the Huracan, the jacked-up Sterrato has already appeared in a teaser video, and will most likely be the last hurrah for the model’s nine-year lifecycle.

RELATED: Lamborghini Huracan Tecnica launched in Malaysia from RM1.05 million


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here