After its global reveal last month, Michelin Malaysia has launched the new Pilot Sport 5 (PS5) with longer-lasting grip, maximum control, and grip on wet and dry surfaces.
Michelin Malaysia, Managing Director, Oliver Biggart said, “With the Michelin Pilot Sport 5, it further strengthens our complete and best overall high-performance Pilot Sport range, with ‘Performance Made to Last’ being our key differentiator. The new Michelin PS5 is perfect for drivers who demand sporty driving performance and expect nothing but the best.”
“The PS5 goes one step further in aesthetics as acknowledged by the 2021 Contemporary Good Design Award it won; one of the world’s most prestigious international design awards,” he added.
Key benefits include:
- Dual Sport Tread Design Technology – a dual side functionalised tread design, featuring the inner side with large grooves and high void ratio for enhanced wet road traction, and the external side with rigid blocks for better grip on dry roads
- Groove Clear – large longitudinal grooves that dump water into wide transversal channels designed to efficiently divert water out of the way
- Dynamic Response Technology – features a hybrid aramid and nylon belt for optimum transmission of steering instructions onto the road for precise and responsive driving feel
- MaxTouch Construction – maximises the tyre’s contact with the road and evenly distributes the forces of acceleration, braking, and cornering to deliver longer tread life without sacrificing performance
- Premium Touch Sidewall Design – creates a sleek, matte-black aesthetic with a velvet-like micro texture
- Wear2Check – an easy-to-find and easy-to-read tread wear indicator, designed to facilitate monitoring and to help drivers to optimise the longevity potential of the tyre
The new Michelin PS5 is now available in 26 dimensions from 17 to 19-inches at Michelin’s authorised tyre dealers across the nation, with 21 more sizes from 17 to 21 inches to be made available by end of 2022. The recommended retail price of the new Michelin Pilot Sport 5 starts from RM700 to RM1,900.