Volvo Car Malaysia today unveiled the new Volvo XC60 facelift here in Malaysia. Similar to the outgoing model, the company is maintaining two variants for Malaysia, although with one completely new option – the XC60 B5 Momentum and the XC60 Recharge T8 Inscription Plus.
The new B5 naming that marks the fitment of a mild-hybrid powertrain is priced at RM292,266.50 and the Recharge T8 plug-in hybrid variant has a price tag of RM325,449.40. Both prices are on the road without insurance and inclusive of the sales tax exemption.
Similar to the new facelifted Volvo S90 Recharge T8 executive sedan, the exterior changes on the new Volvo XC60 are incredibly minimal. One would really need to place both the outgoing and new XC60 models side-by-side to notice the changed items.
As always, the bumpers’ design gets tweaked, blending better with the rest of the updated line-up. The rear bumper now has a smooth finishing without any exhaust tips, while the front includes a new grille design and larger decorative trim pieces at the corners.
Key features have been maintained over the outgoing model, including items such as:
- Inscription grille and chrome details together with 19-inch wheels on the Recharge T8
- LED Headlamps with Active High Beam
- Active Bending Lights (ABL) only on Recharge T8
- Panoramic Sunroof only on the Recharge T8
- Roof rails (bright-finished Recharge T8)
- Illuminated door handles with ground lighting
Volvo Car Malaysia has also included a new colour called Dawn Silver, replacing Osmium Grey. Three other colours are maintained, which are Denim Blue, Crystal White and Onyx Black.
Headlining the new XC60 in Malaysia is the availability of the new B5 Momentum variant, replacing the T5. The new naming corresponds to a new 48-volt mild-hybrid assistance with a compact lithium-ion battery added to the existing turbocharged 2.0-litre four-cylinder engine.
- Volvo XC60 B5
- Engine: 2.0-litre, 4-cylinder, turbocharged, 48-volt mild hybrid
- Transmission: 8-speed automatic
- Drivetrain: Front engine, all-wheel drive
- Max horsepower: 249 hp @ 5,500 rpm
- Max torque: 350 Nm @ 1,500 – 4,800 rpm
- 0-100 km/h: 6.9 seconds
- Top speed: 180 km/h
- Fuel consumption: 7.6 l/100 km
- Volvo XC60 Recharge T8
- Engine: 2.0-litre, 4-cylinder, supercharged and turbocharged
- Engine max rated output: 320 hp, 400 Nm
- Electric motor max rated output: 87 hp, 240 Nm
- Total combined system horsepower: 407 hp @ 5,700 rpm
- Total combined system torque: 640 Nm @ 2,200-5,400 rpm
- Battery capacity: 11.6 kWh
- Drivetrain: Front engine, rear motor, electric AWD
- 0-100 km/h: 5.3 seconds
- Top speed: 180 km/h
- Electric range: 45 km
- Fuel consumption: (2.2 l/100km)
The biggest update in the new Volvo XC60 is the interior. However, the images alone do not communicate anything, as the new 9-inch portrait infotainment system is now powered by Android Automotive OS.
Volvo Car Group is the first company to team up with Google on integrating an infotainment system powered by Android with Google apps and services built-in, and the fully-electric XC40 Recharge became the first Volvo car to carry the infotainment system.
The centrepiece of the Digital Services package is access to Google apps and services, which offer hands-free help with Google Assistant, best-in-class navigation through Google Maps and a broad offer of native in-car apps via Google Play.
Standard equipment in both variants include:
- 12.3-inch TFT digital instrument cluster
- Google Digital Services
- Volvo Car Apps
- Mobile phone charging
- Powered front seats with memory function on the driver’s seat
- Dual-zone automatic air-cond with Clean Zone Interior Air Quality System
- Rear air-cond vents on B-pillars
- Cabin pre-conditioning using Parking Climate function
- Rear USB charging ports
The Volvo XC60 Recharge T8 Inscription Plus sees more adjustment on the front seats, a head-up display, illuminated Orrefors crystal shift lever, Driftwood Decor inlays, Bowers and Wilkins 1,100-Watt Premium Audio with 15 speakers, and increased ambient lighting areas.
The audio system in the B5 Momentum variant also sees an upgrade versus the outgoing model, now fitted with a Harman Kardon 600-Watt Premium Sound Audio system with 14 speakers.
The new XC60 facelift is equipped with the Volvo IntelliSafe advanced driver assistance systems, with the addition of the new Ready to Drive Notification in the facelift update. Other key features in the ADAS suite include:
- Ready to Drive Notification (lead car departure alert)
- Pilot Assist
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- City Safety autonomous emergency braking, with Steering Support
- Blind-Spot Information System (BLIS) with Steer Assist
- Lane Keeping Aid
- Cross-Traffic Alert, front and rear with mitigation support
- 360-degree Surround View Camera
- Oncoming Lane Mitigation
The new Volvo XC60 Recharge T8 in Malaysia is priced at RM325,449.40 on-the-road, without insurance, and inclusive on the ongoing sales tax exemptions, and increases to RM345,488 once the exemption discontinues.
Meanwhile, the new Volvo XC60 B5 Momentum sees an increase of circa RM13,300, now retailing at RM292,266.50 on-the-road without insurance sales tax. Volvo Car Malaysia has indicated a price of RM313,888 once the sales tax exemption expires.
Included in the price is a five-year unlimited mileage warranty and a plug-in hybrid (PHEV) battery warranty coverage of eight years or 160,000 km, whichever comes first.