Hyundai Sime Darby Motors has officially unveiled the all-new 2021 Hyundai Staria here in Malaysia, which will serve as the replacement to the aging Grand Starex model it was carrying previously.
The Hyundai Staria will only be offered in one single seven-seater Premium variant at launch, priced from RM358,888 on the road, without insurance, and inclusive of the sales tax exemptions until the end of the year.
The Hyundai Staria is characterised by its futuristic, spaceship-like design, accented by its “One Curve silhouette” – a feature best experienced from the car’s side. Hyundai says that it’s inspired by the halo that illuminates Earth’s horizon during sunrise when viewed from space.
In terms of equipment, the Staria gets these as standard:
- LED headlights with integrated LED turn signals
- LED “Paramatric Pixels” tail lights
- full-width LED daytime-running lights with positioning lights strip
- 18-inch two-tone alloy wheels with accent colour
- Two accent colour choices: Dark Grey (standard), Tinted Brass Chrome (Creamy White, Abyss Black Pearl, Shimmering Silver Metallic)
- Seven exterior colour choices: Creamy White, Graphite Grey Metallic, Moonlight Blue Pearl, Abyss Black Pearl, Shimmering Silver Metallic, Olivine Grey Metallic, Gaia Brown Pearl
The Hyundai Staria will only be offered with a 2.2-litre turbodiesel mill at launch, taken from the Santa Fe SUV, but detuned for enhanced comfort.
- Engine: 2,199 cc, turbocharged inline-four, diesel
- Transmission: 8-speed automatic
- Driveline: Front engine, front-wheel drive
- Max hp: 177 hp @ 3,800 rpm
- Max torque: 431 Nm @ 1,500–2,500 rpm
- 0-100 km/h: 12.4 seconds
- Top speed: 185 km/h
With the driveline now moved to the front, Hyundai has equipped the all-new Staria with an independent multi-link rear suspension to provide additional comfort to the occupants as well as better cornering stability.
The Hyundai Staria will only be offered in seven-seater form here in Malaysia, chocked full with standard equipment appointments including a set of very plushy second-row seats.
- 10.25-inch fully-digital instrument cluster
- 8-inch touchscreen infotainment display with Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- 12-speaker Bose premium sound system
- Two-zone air conditioning – front and back
- Qi wireless charging pad
- 10-colour mood lighting system
- Smart (contactless) sliding rear doors, powered tailgate
- Nappa Leather and suede (door cards) upholstery
- Powered second-row seats with 2-way power recline (up to 30 degrees), 4-way power leg rest, one-touch relaxation mode button (automatically adjust the seats to 120 degrees)
- Seat ventilation and heating for front and second-row passengers
- Bench-style third-row seats with 300 mm fore-and-aft adjustability
- Dual panoramic sunroof
- Four interior upholstery colour choices: Black, Black + Blue, Grey + Brown (pictured), Grey + Light Grey
Safety wise, the all-new Hyundai Staria in Malaysia gets six airbags as standard, alongside a 360-degree surround view monitor and tyre-pressure monitoring system.
The full-suite of Hyundai SmartSense advanced driver assistance system is also standard here, which includes the following features:
- Forward Collision Avoidance Assist with junction support
- Lane Keeping Assist
- Lane Following Assist
- Smart Cruise Control
- Blind-spot Collision Avoidance System
- Rear Cross-traffic Collision Avoidance Assist
- High-Beam assist
- Driver Attention Warning
- Safe Exit Warning
The all-new 2021 Hyundai Staria Premium is priced from RM358,888 on the road, without insurance, and inclusive of the sales tax exemptions until the end of the year. However, the price only includes a standard two-year/50,000 km warranty.
If you want the extended five-year/300,000 km warranty, alongside a three-year/50,000 km free scheduled maintenance package, the price goes up by RM10,000 to RM368,888.