UMW Toyota Motor has launched the new facelift 2022 Toyota Camry – available only in a single variant – from RM199,109. The Camry is fully imported from Thailand.
- Engine: 2.5-litre Dynamic Force engine
- Transmission: 8-speed automatic Direct Shift with Paddle Shifter
- Max Power: 209 hp @ 6,600 rpm
- Max Torque: 253 Nm @ 5,000 rpm
The bulk of the exterior changes lies in the front, with a completely redesigned front bumper. As a result, the gapping look from before is now narrower, lending a more elegant look. The headlamps design remains unchanged however, a camera and two additional parking sensors have been added just below the Toyota badge up front.
- Full LED lighting front and back including front and rear fog lights
- 18-inch wheels
- Double wishbone rear suspension
The taillight design remains largely unchanged as well except for the section that extends to the side of the car. The facelift 2022 Toyota Camry comes in five colours – Silver Metallic, Graphite Metallic, Platinum White Pearl Mica, Burning Black and Red Mica.
Inside the 2022 Toyota Camry is where you’d find more significant changes. Compared to the model launched in 2018, the infotainment display and air-con vents have swapped places in order to accommodate a larger infotainment display. Previously, the Camry came with an 8-inch touchscreen.
The multi-info display on the instrument cluster remains similar in size. The wood-like trims on the dashboard and centre console in the pre-facelift model have also been replaced to better suit the interior ambience of the car. The 8-way powered seats for the driver have been upgraded to 10-way powered seats.
- 10-inch touchscreen with Apple CarPlay & Android Auto
- 9-speaker JBL sound system
- 7-inch multi-info display on instrument cluster
- 3-zone air conditioning
- Reclinable rear seat
- Arm rest with air-con, radio, and reclining controls
- 10-way electric seats (driver), 8-way (front passenger)
- Head-up display
- Wireless charging
The most incredible upgrade offered in the facelift Camry lies in the rear section. It now comes with reclinable rear seats, and controls for the air-con, radio, and seat-reclining feature. Sadly, the control panel on the rear armrest does not offer air-con fan speed controls.
The facelift 2022 Toyota Camry comes with the full set of Toyota Safety Sense features including autonomous emergency braking, lane departure alert, lane tracing assist, and dynamic radar cruise control. The last two features now work at all speeds.
- Seven airbags
- Blind Spot Monitor
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert with autonomous braking
- Panoramic View Monitor
- Hill-start assist
- Toyota Safety Sense
- Automatic high beam