Bermaz Auto Alliance, the new sole distributor of Peugeot vehicles in Malaysia, is proud to announce the availability of the new facelifted Peugeot 5008 SUV in Malaysia, a day after its launch event in Thailand.
Available in only the 5008 Allure variant, the new locally-assembled Peugeot 5008 SUV is priced from RM177,311.90, on-the-road without insurance and inclusive of the sales tax exemption that now has been proposed to be extended until June 2022.
Headlining the facelifted Peugeot 5008 is the new front face identity for the Peugeot brand. The new intricately designed frameless grille takes a commanding space, neatly integrating with the new LED headlamps and further accentuated by vertical fang-like signature lighting.
The model name ‘5008’ is now placed on top of the Lion emblem, as does the entire Peugeot range such as the latest Peugeot 308. The rear meanwhile gets a pair of LED tail lamps in 3D-effect claw with scrolling indicator lights. All these changes are also seen in the new facelifted Peugeot 3008 that was simultaneously launched today in Malaysia.
Standard features include:
- Auto on-off LED headlights with DRL and cornering lamps
- 3D-effect LED tail lamps with scrolling indicator lights
- 18-inch ‘Detroit’ alloy wheels with 225/55R18 tyres (Continental CrossContact LX2)
- Chrome door mirror covers and side mouldings
- Hands-free powered tailgate
- Roof rails
- Rear bumper protector plate
- Two-piece panoramic moonroof
Exterior colours available for the new Peugeot 5008 are Amazonite Grey, Pearl White, Nera Black and Emerald Crystal.
Changes in the interior of the seven-seater SUV are minimal, with the digital i-Cockpit displays being tweaked for better graphics and content. Elegant piano-styled toggle switches continue to highlight as physical shortcut keys to the new 10-inch central infotainment touchscreen system. A new feature in the facelifted Peugeot 5008 Allure is the addition of a wireless smartphone charger, beneath the toggle switches. Other features inside are:
- Power adjustable driver and front passenger seat
- Second row seat with 40-20-40 split fold seatback, 60-40 sliding bench
- Two individually removable third row seats
- Ambient lighting
- Dual-zone automatic air-conditioning
- Rear air vent with fan speed controller
- 12.3-inch digital driver’s instrument cluster
- 10-inch capacitive touchscreen infotainment display
- 6-speaker audio system
- GPS navigation system
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity
- Wireless smartphone charger
An interior in black leather is the only available option for the Peugeot 5008 Allure. There are secret floor compartments hidden beneath the footwell of the second row.
Behind the new stylish face of the Peugeot 5008 Allure is the 1.6L Twin Scroll Turbo High Pressure (THP) petrol engine. Outputs remain the same at 165 hp and 240 Nm of torque, transmitted to just the front wheels via a six-speed automatic transmission.
- Engine: 1.6-litre, twin-scroll turbocharged, four-cylinder
- Transmission: 6-speed automatic (AT6 III)
- Driveline: Front-engine, front-wheel drive
- Max horsepower: 165 hp @ 6,000 rpm
- Max torque: 240 Nm @ 1,400 rpm
- 0 – 100 km/h: 8.9 seconds
- Top speed: 205 km/h
- Fuel consumption: 7.0L/100 km (NEDC)
Other features that add some confidence while driving off-road or unpaved surface is the Advance Grip Control featuring driving modes over sand, mud and snow. Sport mode is also available as well as manual control of the transmission via steering wheel shift paddles.
In terms of safety features, the new Peugeot 5008 comes with a limited advanced driver assistance system (ADAS). They are complemented by the standard safety features such as:
- Blind Spot Monitoring
- Active Lane Keeping Assist
- Driver Attention Warning
- Speed Limit Recognition with Intelligent Speed Adaptation
- 180-degree reverse camera
- Tyre pressure monitoring system
- 6 airbags
As mentioned above, the new 1.6-litre turbocharged Peugeot 5008 Allure is priced from RM177,311.90 here in Peninsular Malaysia. Prices are on the road, without insurance, and inclusive of the sales tax exemptions.
Included in the price is a five-year/100,000 km manufacturer’s warranty coverage and a three-year/60,000 km (whichever comes first) free scheduled maintenance programme.
The new Peugeot 5008 plus the 3008 five-seater are locally assembled at the Stellantis manufacturing plant in Gurun, Kedah and is exported to the ASEAN region in markets such as Thailand, the Philippines and Indonesia.