Exactly one month after the model was launched in Thailand, Berjaya Auto Alliance – the new sole distributor of Peugeot vehicles in Malaysia – has now officially unveiled the new 2021 Peugeot 3008 facelift here on our shores, alongside its larger sibling, the 5008.
Offered in a single Allure variant, the locally-assembled (at Stellantis’ new assembly plant in Gurun) 2021 Peugeot 3008 is priced at RM161,617 on the road, without insurance, and inclusive of the sales tax exemption that has been recently extended until June 2022.
The highlight of the Peugeot 3008 facelift exercise is the completely redesigned front end, headlined by the new “borderless grille”. Other touches such as the reworked three-dimensional “lion claw” taillights also help make the crossover look significantly more modern compared to the pre-facelift model.
Standard exterior items on the new Peugeot 3008 in Malaysia include:
- Automatic LED headlights with new signature “lion fangs” daytime-running light and turn indicators, cornering lamps
- New LED taillight with 3D light signature and sequential turn indicators
- 18” Los Angeles wheels
- Hands-free powered tailgate
- Panoramic sunroof
- Advanced Keyless Entry
- Exterior colour options: Amazonite Grey, Pearl White, Nera Black, Cuprite Brown (model exclusive)
The powertrain underneath the bonnet is unchanged from the pre-facelift model, featuring the same 1.6-litre twin-scroll Turbo High Pressure (THP) mill paired to a six-speed automatic gearbox.
- Engine: 1.6-litre twin-scroll turbocharged, four-cylinder
- Transmission: 6-speed automatic
- Driveline: Front-engine, front-wheel drive
- Max horsepower: 165 hp @ 6,000 rpm
- Max torque: 240 Nm @ 1,400 rpm
- Top speed: 205 km/h
- Fuel consumption: 7.0L / 100km (NEDC)
While the exterior gets a significant redesign, particularly on its front end, changes to the 2021 Peugeot 3008’s interior are less drastic, with the only differences being the larger central infotainment display, plus a new wireless charging pad.
- 12.3-inch digital head-up cluster display
- 10-inch touchscreen infotainment display with wired Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity
- “Piano keys” toggle switches
- Dual-Zone air conditioning with rear vents
- Mood lighting
- Leather seats
- 6-way powered front seats
- Electric parking brake
Like the pre-facelift model, the new 2021 Peugeot 3008 in Malaysia comes with a basic set of advanced driver assistance features, including:
- Active Lane Keeping Assist
- Driver Attention Warning
- Speed Limit recognition
- Blind Spot Monitoring
Other standard safety features include six airbags, Advanced Grip Control (traction control for different terrains), Hill Assist Descent Control, and a 180-degree rear-view camera.
As mentioned above, the new 2021 Peugeot 3008 facelift will only be offered in a single Allure variant in Malaysia, priced at RM161, 617 on the road, without insurance, and inclusive of the sales tax exemptions (100%).
Included in the price is a five-year/100,000 km manufacturer warranty, alongside a three-year/60,000 km free service maintenance programme.