Naza Italia-Maserati, the official distributor of Maserati vehicles in Malaysia, is proud to announce the arrival of the renowned Italian automaker’s first hybrid vehicle, just a little over a year after its global launch.
The new electrified premium sports sedan is priced from RM427,800 inclusive of full specifications and options before local duties and taxes.
Lie beneath the elegant look of the new Maserati Ghibli Hybrid is the high-tech and innovative hybrid powerplant. Maserati approach to hybrid propulsion focuses on both higher performance as well as fuel saving.
Combined system outputs are a whopping 330 hp and 450 Nm of torque from the electrified 2.0-litre engine that includes an electric supercharger or eBooster.
- Engine: 2.0-litre engine, four-cylinder, exhaust turbocharger, electric supercharger, 48-volt BSG, petrol
- Transmission: 8-speed ZF automatic transmission
- Drivetrain: Rear engine, self-locking rear limited-slip differential
- Horsepower: 330 hp @ 5,750 rpm
- Torque: 450 Nm @ 2,250 to 4,500 rpm
- 0-100 km/h: 5.7 seconds
- Top speed: 255 km/h
Fully developed in-house by Maserati Innovation Lab in Modena, Italy, this electrified powertrain is unique in its segment, delivering a performance akin to a V6 turbodiesel without the weight penalty.
Apart from the normal design pack, the Maserati Ghibli Hybrid will also be offered with the GranSport trim in Malaysia. The exterior features an updated front grille with gloss black highlights, Nerissimo package and 20-inch wheels.
Blue accents are tastefully applied to identify the Ghibli Hybrid, with blue colour on the three iconic side air ducts, the Brembo brake calipers and the thunderbolt in the oval that encloses the Trident on the rear pillar.
Exterior features include:
- 18-inch wheels
- Twin exhaust system, optimised for Ghibli Hybrid
- Blue-painted 4-piston Brembo brake calipers
- Boomerang-like tail light clusters
- GranSport design package
- Sport bumpers
- 20-inch wheels
- Nerissimo black highlights
- Full LED Matrix headlamps
On the interior of the new Maserati Ghibli Hybrid, sculpted sport seats are upholstered with a premium full-grain “Pieno Fiore” natural leather, like no other leather used in the automotive industry. It is processed to develop a unique character throughout the years with dark blue contrast stitching and the Trident embroidered on the headrests.
- Android Automotive OS-powered infotainment system with 10.1” HD touchscreen
- Bowers & Wilkins Premium Surround Sound System with 15 speakers, 1,280 W amplifier and QuantumLogic Surround
- Carbon twill high-gloss trim pieces
- Alcantara roof lining
- GranSport design
- Sports seats
- Sports steering wheel
The Maserati Ghibli Hybrid will also be equipped with the company’s latest Active ADAS suite, featuring assistance systems such as Active Driving Assist, Pedestrian recognition and Surround View Camera.
The new Maserati Ghibli Hybrid in Malaysia is priced starting from RM427,800 and RM456,800 for the GranSport design pack and inclusive of full specifications and options but before local duties and taxes.
The price includes a three-year standard warranty coverage with no mileage restriction plus a free maintenance program of three years/60,000 km whichever comes first (inclusive of Maserati Premium Service Plus of three years/60,000 km).