Just two days since the company first teased the model on its Facebook page, Mercedes-Benz Malaysia has now officially launched the new E-Class Coupe here on our shores. The Coupe will only be offered in one variant, the E 300 AMG Line, priced at RM495k on the road, without insurance, and inclusive of the sales tax exemptions.
The new Mercedes-Benz E-Class Coupe was updated last year alongside the sedan and cabriolet variants, featuring many of the same aesthetic changes. Most notably, there’s a new downturned trapezoidal grille up front, flanked by new slimmer LED headlights.
The Mercedes-Benz E 300 Coupe here in Malaysia is dressed in the AMG Line, which comes with a slew of trim-specific items that further emphasises the sporty stance of the coupe. Standard equipment item on the E 300 Coupe include:
- Multibeam LED headlights with Adaptive Highbeam Assist Plus
- LED taillights with redesigned light signature
- Diamond pin radiator grille
- AMG Line-specific front and rear bumper
- 19-inch AMG 5-twin-spoke light-alloy wheels (down from 20-inch)
- Exterior colour options: Polar White, Obsidian Black, Rubellite Red, Graphite Grey, Mojave Silver, Brilliant Blue, High-tech Silver, Emerald Green, Selenite Grey, Designo Diamond White Bright (extra cost), and Designo Patagonia Red Metallic (extra cost)
The Mercedes-Benz E 300 Coupe is powered by the same 2.0-litre turbocharged inline-four engine as the sedan E 300 variant, with no EQ Boost mild-hybrid system on board.
- Engine:1,991 cc; M264 inline four-cylinder, petrol
- Transmission: 9G-Tronic automatic transmission
- Driveline: Front engine, rear-wheel drive
- Suspension: Agility Control adaptive dampers
- Max horsepower: 258 hp @ 5,500 – 6,100 rpm
- Max torque: 370 Nm @ 1,800 – 4,000 rpm
- 0-100 km/h: 6.4 seconds
- Top speed: 250 km/h
Similar to the updated E-Class sedans, the main upgrade in the new Mercedes-Benz E 300 Coupe is the dual 12.3-inch displays, running the marque’s MBUX NG6 software stack.
Other interior features include:
- AMG Line Interior
- New three twin-spoke multifunction sports steering wheel in Nappa leather
- Panoramic sliding sunroof
- Open-pore black ash wood trim
- Electrical-adjustable front seats with memory function, four-way lumbar support
- Tri-zone Thermotronic automatic climate control
- LTE communications module for Mercedes me connect services
- three-zone 64-colour LED ambient lighting system
- Burmester surround sound system
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity
- Wireless charging pad
In addition to the standard safety kit, which includes features such as autonomous emergency braking, 360-degree surround view monitor, Active Parking Assist with Parktronic and the likes, the Mercedes-Benz E 300 Coupe also comes equipped with the marque’s Driver Assistance package, boasting features such as:
- Active Distance Assist (Distronic)
- Active Steering Assist
- Active Brake Assist
- Evasive Steering Assist
- Active Lane Keeping Assist
- Active Blind Spot Assist
- Pre-Safe Plus
The Mercedes-Benz E 300 Coupe is now available for orders, with prices starting at RM495,071.47, on the road, without insurance, and inclusive of the sales tax exemptions valid until the end of 2021.
Just like all other Mercedes-Benz models, the E 300 Coupe is also covered by a standard four-year, unlimited-mileage warranty. Compared to the outgoing model, the new Coupe actually sees a price reduction of approximately RM16.6k.
With MBM Financial’s Step Up Agility Financing Plan, the new Mercedes-Benz E 300 Coupe can be yours starting from RM4,288 per month, based on a 5-year tenure and 10% down payment. More details about the financing plan can be found here.