After a teaser in their social media pages just two days ago, Mercedes-Benz Malaysia has launched the new facelifted E-Class limousine. The line-up is now simplified to two variants- the E 200 and the E 300. We have covered the E 200 in more detail here.
The price for the new facelifted locally-assembled Mercedes-Benz E 300 AMG Line is RM375,432.19, which is a good RM8,370 over the predecessor E 300 Exclusive Line. Apart from the AMG items, some niceties come along with the price adjustment too.
Exterior wise, the new facelifted E-Class features new bumpers with a restyled grille, slimmer headlamps plus a new bonnet. The rear also follows suite of the all-new Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class and S-Class, where the taillights are now two-piece units in a slimmer and more horizontal layout.
For the E 300 AMG Line variant, the front and rear bumpers plus side skirts get the namesake styling, a sportier-looking grille pattern with single horizontal bar.
- AMG Line body kit
- 19-inch AMG 5-twin-spoke alloy wheel, staggered sizing
- Multibeam LED headlamps with Adaptive Highbeam Assist Plus
- Panoramic sliding sunroof
Two new paint colours, Grey metallic and High-tech silver metallic are available with the new facelifted Mercedes-Benz E-Class.
Moving inside, the single most obvious update is the steering wheel. The beautiful AMG Sports steering wheel is used in the facelifted E 300 AMG Line, featuring thin dual-spokes to house the switches and a thick rim covered with smooth and perforated Nappa leather.
The design of the dashboard maintains, with the E-Class debuting the now highly-popular dual landscape screen layout back in 2017. The latest generation MBUX is used to power the high-resolution screens measuring 12.3 inches each.
Controlling the display is also easier thanks to a new and simplified large touchpad, removing the rotary dial that was used in the predecessor model.
New in the facelifted E-Class is the Urban Guard vehicle protection system that features all-around monitoring via anti-theft alarm system, tow-away protection with visual and audible warning and interior monitoring.
Other key highlights in the interior include:
- MBUX Dual 12.3-inch instrument cluster and infotainment display
- Full open-pore black ash wood trim
- Dashboard lined with Artico material
- Four-zone automatic climate control
- Electric sunblind for rear windows
- Mercedes me connect services
- Burmester 13-speaker, 590 W surround sound system
- Android Auto and Apple CarPlay smartphone connectivity
- Wireless charger in front and USB charging ports at the rear
Similar to the E 200, the E 300 is powered by the M264 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder petrol engine with maintained outputs of 258 hp and 370 Nm of torque. There are no forms of electrification in this powertrain.
- Engine: M264 1,991 cc; inline-four turbocharged
- Transmission: 9-speed 9G-Tronic automatic transmission
- Drivertrain: Rear-wheel drive
- Max Power: 258 hp @ 5,800 – 6,100 rpm
- Max Torque: 370 Nm @ 1,800 – 4,000 rpm
- 0 to 100 km/h: 6.2 seconds
- Top speed: 250 km/h
- Fuel consumption: 6.5 l/100 km
The suspension continues to be the more comfort-oriented Agility Control items.
On the safety front, the new facelifted Mercedes-Benz E 300 AMG Line sees the most upgrades. Unlike its predecessor with just Blind Spot Assist and Lane Tracking Package, the new E 300 AMG Line gets the full Driving Assistance package from the now-discontinued E 350 variant.
It now includes Distronic adaptive cruise control, active lane keeping assist and active blind spot assist. Active Brake Assist a.k.a autonomous emergency braking is standard as expected in this premium sedan. The system also functions when turning into junctions.
Other standard safety equipment include:
- 360-degree parking camera system
- Active Parking Assist with Parktronic
- Driver’s knee airbag
- Pre-Safe system
- Mercedes-Benz emergency call system
As mentioned earlier, the new facelifted Mercedes-Benz E 300 AMG Line is now available in Malaysia, priced at RM375,432.19 on the road, without insurance and inclusive of the sales tax exemption that is valid until the end of the year. Included as standard in the price is a two-year manufacturer warranty and a two-year in-country extended warranty, with unlimited mileage coverage.
Mercedes-Benz Malaysia also offers the highly attractive Step Up Agility Financing plan, at RM2,988 per month for a five-year tenure with a down payment of approximately 10% of the vehicle price. For more information on the financing product, visit the Financial Services website here.
2021 Mercedes-Benz E300 AMG Line from Mercedes-Benz Malaysia