Sime Darby Auto Performance (SDAP), the sole distributor of Porsche here in Malaysia has just announced the availability of the first heritage design model in Malaysia, the Porsche 911 Targa 4S Heritage Design Edition.
Pricing for the new retro-inspired and unique “targa” roof system sportscar starts from RM1,677,409 with SST exemption.
The Heritage Design Edition is based on the new 911 Targa that continues to feature the unique retractable roof panel that open and close within 19 seconds while offering a stylish look of a metallic B-pillar and larger, three-dimensional rear windscreen.
The Cherry Metallic exterior colour exclusive to the 911 series takes up the style of the 50s in a modern interpretation. Alternatively, two solid colours (Black and Guards Red), a metallic colour (GT Silver Metallic) and a special colour (Crayon) are also available for the special model together with other selected individual colours.
One striking design feature is the “Spears” motorsport graphic on the front fenders or wings. The white “Spears” recall the early days of Porsche’s participation in motorsport, where the “spears” were used to cover “battle scars” in races.
“We’re bringing back our iconic looks from different eras and proving that Porsche stays true to its roots, even in the age of electrification. The 911 Targa 4S Heritage Design Edition evokes the memories of the 50s, 60s, 70s, and 80s and translates these elements into a modern day sports car that excites Porsche customers through the lifestyle dimensions,” said Sime Darby Auto Performance CEO, Christopher Hunter.
Key exterior treatment for the 911 Targa 4S Heritage Design Edition includes:
- Carrera Exclusive Design wheels in mixed 20- and 21-inch sizing
- Historic crest on the centre wheel hub
- White “spears” graphics on front fenders
- Historical motorsport graphics with the option for race numbers
- Gold lettering for the rear emblems as well as on the Targa bar
- Porsche Heritage badge on the rear lid grille
- Silver sports exhaust tailpipes
SDAP also took the opportunity to announce the first soon-to-be-open Classic Partner Centre in Malaysia located at Porsche Centre Johor Bahru. The facility is scheduled for launch at the end of this year.
The historic theme continues with the interior with plenty of attention to detail. The Bordeaux Red two-tone leather upholstery and Atacama Beige OLEA club leather were designed exclusively for this edition. Customers can also choose two-tone leather upholstery in Black and Atacama Beige.
Corduroy, a fabric already used in the Porsche 356, makes a comeback and brings the fashion style of the 50s back to life. This soft ribbed fabric is used on the centre panels of the seats and in the door panels. The overall look of the interior is rounded off with perforated Alcantara in Atacama Beige on the headlining and the A and B pillars.
Other key highlights in the interior of the Porsche 911 Targa 4S Heritage Design Edition include:
- Heritage Design exclusive instrument cluster with a classic pointer in the rev counter and green scales and markings derived from the Porsche 356
- Heritage Design exclusive Sport Chrono clock with green digits
- Historical Porsche crest on the steering wheel and embossed on the headrests
- Car key colour-coded to vehicle’s exterior colour with matching leather key-pouch
- Door sills in aluminium with embossed 911 logos
- Limited-edition metal badge on dashboard trim panel
The Porsche 911 Targa 4S Heritage Design Edition is powered by the new 3.0-litre twin-turbocharged flat-six engine with the ‘S’ designation’s state of engine tune. That means 450 hp and 530 Nm of torque.
- Engine: 3.0-litre twin-turbocharged flat-six boxer engine, petrol
- Transmission: 8-speed PDK gearbox
- Drivetrain: Rear engine, all-wheel drive
- Horsepower: 450 hp @ 6,500 rpm
- Torque: 530 Nm @ 2,300 to 5,000 rpm
- 0-100 km/h: 3.6 seconds
- Top speed: 304 km/h
Handling duties are taken care by Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) with the power sent to all four wheels via the map-controlled Porsche Traction Management (PTM). Rear-wheel traction is further enhanced by Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus (PTV Plus) that electronically controls the fully variable torque distribution between the left and right rear wheels.
Pricing for the new first Porsche 911 Targa 4S Heritage Design Edition in Malaysia begins from RM1,677,409 with SST exemption. All Porsche vehicles sold via SDAP come with a four-year warranty and free maintenance package, which includes complimentary service, labour and parts.