Alongside the launch of the BMW X3 M Competition, as well as the BMW M8 Coupe and Gran Coupe, BMW Malaysia today also introduced the X4 M over here in Malaysia, available solely in the Competition flavour.
The BMW X4 M Competition is priced at RM904,276.60 on the road, without insurance, and inclusive of SST exemptions. With the Balloon Financing Plan from BMW Group Financial Services Malaysia, the X4 M Competition can be yours starting at RM10,318 per month.
Under the hood of the BMW X4 M Competition is the same engine found in the X3 M, the S58 three-litre twin-turbocharged inline-six engine. The new powertrain will also be featured in the forthcoming BMW M3 and M4, due for its global debut next month.
- Engine: S58 3.0-litre M TwinPower Turbo straight-six
- Transmission: Eight-speed M Steptronic automatic transmission with Drivelogic
- Drivetrain: M xDrive all-wheel drive
- Max horsepower: 510 hp @ 6,250 RPM
- Max torque: 600 Nm @ 2,600 – 5,950 RPM
- 0-100 km/h: 4.1 seconds
- Top speed: 250 km/h (electronically limited)
Just like its more upright twin, the X4 M Competition features additional M Performance Parts to deliver an enjoyable driving experience, even on a car of its weight and height. These include three Drivelogic transmission modes (Efficient, Sport, and Sport Plus), adaptive dampers, engine compartment strut brace and stiffer stabilisers, as well as M Compound Brakes made from composite materials for extra weight reduction and improved stopping power.
Power is sent to all four wheels via the M-specific xDrive all-wheel drive system and Active M Differential, which can send most of its power to the rear wheels in Sports mode. In Conventional mode, power is distributed variably depending on grip levels and requirements.
Befitting its M badge, the X4 M Competition is also dressed-up appropriately with more aggressive front and rear aprons, the former featuring hexagonal air intakes that channels air over to the front brakes. At the back, the X4 M comes with a slim diffuser finished in high-gloss black, along with an “aerodynamic spoiler”, also finished in black.
Otherwise, the exterior equipment list is identical to that of the X3 M Competition, which includes:
- Adaptive LED headlights with high-beam assistant
- LED taillights
- 21-inch bicolour M light alloy wheels
- M Sport exhaust system with quad black chrome tailpipes
- Black kidney grille surrounds, side gills, wing mirror caps
- Exterior colour choices: Alpine White, Black Sapphire, Donington Grey, Phytonic Blue, Sophisto Grey, Toronto Red
Similarly, the cabin of the BMW X4 M Competition has also been spruced up with a myriad of BMW M-specific touches for the complete M experience, such as:
- M Sport seats with illuminated M badge, active seat ventilation, and lumbar support
- Premium Leather Merino upholstery with BMW M colours decorative seams
- M leather steering wheel with shift paddles, red M Drive buttons, red push-start button
- Redesigned M gear selector lever
- M seatbelts, pedals, and knee pad
- M-specific instrument cluster
- Head-up display with M-specific display modes
- 10.25-inch Control Display infotainment system with Apple CarPlay connectivity, Concierge Service, Teleservices, Remote Services, Intelligent Emergency Call, BMW Gesture Control
- M door sill plates
- Interior trim finishers in carbon fibre
Luggage capacity on the X4 M Competition also remains identical to the regular BMW X4, with a rear cargo space of 525 litres, expandable to 1,430 litres with the rear seats folded down.
Depending on which exterior colour is chosen, the new BMW X4 M Competition can be specified with either Black, Sakhir Orange, or Adelaide Grey for its Leather Merino interior upholstery.
SAFETY AND CONVENIENCE
The new BMW X4 M Competition comes as standard with BMW’s Driving Assistant Plus and Parking Assistant Plus advanced driver assistance and convenience features, which is a step up from the regular BMW X4. Functionalities include:
- Active Cruise Control with Stop & Go function
- Collision and Pedestrian Warning with City Braking function
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert with Rear Collision Prevention
- Steering and lane control assistant
- Lane Keeping Assistant with active side collision protection
- Front Cross Traffic Alert
- Automatic parking assistant (steering, accelerating, and braking) for both parallel and reverse parking
- Panorama View camera
- 3D Top View function
- Remote 3D View – three-dimensional live image of the vehicle transmitted directly to the driver’s smartphone
The BMW X4 M Competition is now available in Malaysia, priced at RM904,276.60 on the road, without insurance, and inclusive of the sales tax exemptions, valid until the end of December this year. Included in the price as standard is the BMW Group Malaysia Premium Ownership Experience, which includes:
- 5-year Unlimited Mileage Warranty with free scheduled service programme
- BMW Roadside Assistance and Accident Hotline
- The BMW Group Loyalty+ Mobile App – BMW Privileges Card
- BMW Service Online
With the Balloon Financing Plan from BMW Group Financial Services Malaysia, the BMW X4 M Competition can be owned with monthly instalments starting from RM10,318.00, based on estimates of an 80% loan on a five-year tenure.
Customers can also book the new BMW X3 M Competition on the new BMW Malaysia online shop, linked here, with a booking fee of RM5,000, and be in the running to bring home a now-discontinued BMW i8 Coupé.
For the latest updated price list of BMW models in Malaysia, click here.