The first-ever BMW X3 M Competition is now available in Malaysia, launched today by BMW Malaysia alongside three other M models – the M8 Coupe and Gran Coupe, as well as the X4 M Competition – at the Secret Garage @ M Town event.
The BMW X3 M Competition is priced at RM886,551.58 on the road, without insurance, and inclusive of the sales tax exemptions that will be in place until the end of the year. With BMW Group Malaysia’s Balloon Financing Plan, the X3 M Competition can be owned with monthly instalments starting at RM10,118.
The BMW X3 M is powered by the brand’s new S58 three-litre twin-turbocharged inline-six petrol engine – the same engine that will be making its way into the upcoming BMW M3 and M4. In Competition form, which is the only one we get here, the powerplant is uprated to give an even higher power output.
- Engine: S58 3.0-litre M TwinPower Turbo straight-six
- Transmission: Eight-speed M Steptronic automatic transmission with Drivelogic
- Drivetrain: M xDrive all-wheel drive
- Max horsepower: 510 hp @ 6,250 RPM
- Max torque: 600 Nm @ 2,600 – 5,950 RPM
- 0-100 km/h: 4.1 seconds
- Top speed: 250 km/h (electronically limited)
To aid with the added performance especially on track – which we’ve tested at the Kyalami Circuit – the X3 M Competition comes with a myriad of M Performance parts, including three Drivelogic transmission modes (Efficient, Sport, and Sport Plus), adaptive dampers, engine compartment strut brace and stiffer stabilisers, as well as M Compound Brakes made from composite materials to reduce weight and a better stopping performance.
Power is sent to all four wheels via the M-specific xDrive all-wheel drive system and the Active M Differential, which can be set to a rear-wheel bias in Sport mode. In Conventional mode, power is distributed variably depending on grip levels and requirements.
The BMW X3 M Competition is suitably dressed up to complement its performance. Up front, the new front apron features large hexagonal air intakes which is designed to feed air to the front brakes under high thermal loads. While over at the rear, the X3 M Competition gets a slim diffuser in high-gloss black, paired to an M-specific roof spoiler.
Other exterior highlights on the X3 M Competition include:
- Adaptive LED headlights with high-beam assistant
- LED taillights
- 21-inch bicolour M light alloy wheels
- M Sport exhaust system with quad black chrome tailpipes
- Black kidney grille surrounds, side gills, wing mirror caps
- Exterior colour choices: Alpine White, Black Sapphire, Donington Grey, Phytonic Blue, Sophisto Grey, Toronto Red
The sportiness brought by the M treatment continues inside, with a whole swath of M-specific touches to elevate the interior of the BMW X3. These include:
- M Sport seats with illuminated M badge, active seat ventilation, and lumbar support
- Premium Leather Merino upholstery with BMW M colours decorative seams
- M leather steering wheel with shift paddles, red M Drive buttons, red push-start button
- Redesigned M gear selector lever
- M seatbelts, pedals, and knee pad
- M-specific instrument cluster
- Head-up display with M-specific display modes
- 10.25-inch Control Display infotainment system with Apple CarPlay connectivity, Concierge Service, Teleservices, Remote Services, Intelligent Emergency Call, BMW Gesture Control
- M door sill plates
- Interior trim finishers in carbon fibre
Exclusive to the new X3 M Competition here on our shores, the rear seats now come with reclineable backrests, along with new rear-side windows roller sunblind for added comfort on longer journeys. The automatic tailgate is also retained here on the performance SUV.
Luggage capacity is also not sacrificed here for performance, with a rear cargo space of 550 litres that can be increased to 1,600 litres with the rear seats folded down. Additionally, the BMW X3 M Competition also comes with an upgraded Harman Kardon 600W audio system with nine channels and 16 speakers, as well as wireless smartphone charging tray.
Depending on which exterior colour is chosen, the new BMW X3 M Competition can be specified with Leather Merino interior upholstery in Black, Sakhir Orange, or Adelaide Grey.
SAFETY AND CONVENIENCE
The new BMW X3 M Competition comes equipped with BMW’s Driving Assistant Plus and Parking Assistant Plus advanced driver assistance and convenience features. Functionalities include:
- Active Cruise Control with Stop & Go function
- Collision and Pedestrian Warning with City Braking function
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert with Rear Collision Prevention
- Steering and lane control assistant
- Lane Keeping Assistant with active side collision protection
- Front Cross Traffic Alert
- Automatic parking assistant (steering, accelerating, and braking) for both parallel and reverse parking
- Panorama View camera
- 3D Top View function
- Remote 3D View – three-dimensional live image of the vehicle transmitted directly to the driver’s smartphone
The BMW X3 M Competition is now available in Malaysia, priced at RM886,551.58 on the road, without insurance, and inclusive of the sales tax exemptions that will be in place until the end of 2020. Included in the price as standard is the BMW Group Malaysia Premium Ownership Experience, which includes:
- 5-year Unlimited Mileage Warranty with free scheduled service programme
- BMW Roadside Assistance and Accident Hotline
- The BMW Group Loyalty+ Mobile App – BMW Privileges Card
- BMW Service Online
With the BMW Group Financial Services Malaysia Balloon Financing Plan, the BMW X3 M Competition can be yours with monthly instalment plans starting from RM10,118, based on estimates of an 80% loan on a five-year tenure period.
Customers can also book the new BMW X3 M Competition on the new BMW Malaysia online shop, linked here, with a booking fee of RM5,000, and be in the running to bring home a now-discontinued BMW i8 Coupé.
For the latest updated price list of BMW models in Malaysia, click here.