Alongside the launch of the Arteon R-Line, Volkswagen Passenger Cars Malaysia (VPCM) today also introduced the Tiguan Allspace for the first time in Malaysia.
The locally-assembled 5+2-seater SUV will be available in two variants – Highline and R-Line, priced at RM165,000 and RM209,575 respectively.
The new Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace features an extended wheelbase from the regular Tiguan, extending the overall length of the SUV by 215 mm. To balance out the added length at the rear, the front bonnet area of the Tiguan Allspace has been raised slightly, along with sharper lines for a more imposing stance.
The Tiguan Allspace Highline comes with LED headlights with LED daytime running lights, LED taillights, chrome roof rails, and 18-inch “Kingston” alloy wheels as standard. The R-Line kicks things up a notch with the following additional kit:
- 19-inch “Sebring” alloy wheels
- R-Line aerokit including front and rear bumpers, side skirts, and rear spoiler
- Twin exhaust tailpipes
- R-Line design strips on the character line
- Automatic headlights
- LED taillights with 3D effect
The Tiguan Allspace is available with two powertrain options: a 1.4-litre TSI turbocharged petrol engine (lifted from the regular Tiguan) on the Highline, as well as a 2.0-litre TSI turbocharged unit for the R-Line, that’s even higher in performance than the Arteon R-Line and Passat Elegance!
- Tiguan Allspace Highline
- Engine: 1.4-litre TSI turbocharged petrol
- Transmission: Six-speed wet dual-clutch DSG
- Drivetrain: Front engine, Front-wheel drive
- Max horsepower: 150 hp @ 5,000 – 6,000 RPM
- Max torque: 250 Nm @ 1,500 – 3,500 RPM
- Tiguan Allspace R-Line
- Engine: 2.0-litre TSI turbocharged petrol
- Transmission: Seven-speed wet dual-clutch DSG
- Drivetrain: 4Motion all-wheel drive system
- Max horsepower: 220 hp @ 4,500 – 6,200 RPM
- Max torque: 350 Nm @ 1,500 – 4,400 RPM
The more powerful engine puts the new Tiguan Allspace R-Line at the top of the performance chart in its segment. Power delivery is aided by the addition of the 4Motion AWD system, the same one from the Golf R, as well as the Dynamic Chassis Control (DCC) with up to 5 different driving modes in 15 increments.
With a name like ‘Allspace’, even an infant could have probably guessed that the new SUV is all about interior room. Thanks to the elongated wheelbase and increased overall length, the Tiguan Allspace boasts a rear cargo space of 1,775 litres with all rear seats folded down; 700 litres with the third row seats folded down, and 230 litres with all seats in its normal position.
The Tiguan Allspace’s interior equipment list include:
- 11.7-inch Digital Cockpit instrument cluster
- Eight-inch infotainment display with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and Mirrorlink connectivity
- Tri-zone automatic climate control
- 12-way electric adjustable driver seat with memory function, Vienna leather upholstery
- Electric parking brakes
- Folding tables at the back of front seats
- Leather steering wheel with paddle shifters
- Electric powered tail gate
Just like the exterior, the R-Line takes it up a notch with the addition of the following:
- Upgraded Discover Pro 9.2-inch infotainment display with 3D navigation, voice and gesture control
- R-Line flat-bottomed sports steering wheel with paddle shifters
- R-Line stainless steel pedals
- R-Line aluminium scuff plates
- R-Line black headliner
- R-Line ‘Vienna’ leather upholstery with comfort sports seats
- 12-way electric adjustable seats with memory function for both driver and front passenger
Safety features are pretty much identical across the board on the two variants – both without advance driver assistance features included:
- Six airbags
- Reverse camera
- Park distance control sensors, front and rear
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Brake Assist (BA)
- Post-collision braking
- Intelligent Crash Response System (ICRS)
- Hill-hold control
Alongside the addition of the all-wheel drive system on the Tiguan Allspace R-Line, the top-of-the-range variant also gains Hill Descent Control as standard for better off-roading capabilities.
Available in five exterior colour choices: Blue Silk, Pure White, Deep Black, Platinum Grey and Pyrite Silver, the new Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace Highline is priced at RM165,000.75, while the Tiguan Allspace R-Line is priced at RM209,575.79. Both prices are on-the-road prices without insurance, and inclusive of the sales tax exemptions that will be in place until 31 December 2020.
Included in the price as standard is the five-year unlimited mileage warranty, three-year free scheduled service package, and five-year roadside assistance package.
Interested to check it out yourself? The new Tiguan Allspace R-Line will be on display at the Volkswagen Tour roadshow, taking place at 1 Utama Shopping Centre throughout the weekend, starting today. Following the Sales Tax Exemption, for the latest price list of Volkswagen vehicles in Malaysia, click here.