More than two years after the local introduction of the F-Pace, Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) Malaysia is now upping the ante for the luxury performance SUV with the launch of an updated “limited-edition” Jaguar F-Pace here in Malaysia, with only 20 units available nationwide.
The main highlight of the new variant is its beating heart underneath the sheet metal, an updated 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder engine, with its output uprated to 300 hp.
- Engine: 2.0-litre Ingenium turbocharged four-cylinder
- Transmission: ZF 8HP45 eight-speed automatic
- Powertrain: Front engine, all-wheel drive
- Max Horsepower: 300 hp @ 5,500 RPM
- Max Torque: 400 Nm @ 1,500 – 4,500 RPM
- 0-100 km/h: 6.1 seconds
- Top Speed: 233 km/h (with 22-inch wheels fitted)
The updated mill represents quite a sizeable jump compared to the standard F-Pace, which produces 246 hp and 365 Nm of torque. As a result of the higher power output, century sprint times is dropped by 0.7 seconds from the previous 6.8 seconds.
Just like the standard variant, the “limited-edition” F-Pace also comes equipped with the Configurable Dynamics and Adaptive Dynamics system; the former, available in the R-Sport variants, allows the driver to switch between Normal or Sports modes for the throttle, gearbox, and steering response, while the latter (only available on the highest-spec variant) adjusts the dampers based on road conditions and driving styles.
The Hi-Spec R-Sport variant also gains the Adaptive Surface Response (AdsR) system, which recognises the traction difference between surfaces to exploit available grip by adjusting engine and brake settings.
Not much changes have been made to the styling and equipment list of the new 300 hp F-Pace. Just as before, the Jaguar F-Pace is offered in three different variants here in Malaysia – Prestige, R-Sport (Mid-Spec), and R-Sport (Hi-Spec).
Notable standard equipment on the entry-level Prestige model include:
- 20-inch 5 split-spoke ‘Style 5031’ alloy wheels, Grey Diamond Turned finish
- Full LED headlights, taillights
- 10-inch Touch Pro infotainment system with Apple Carplay and Android Auto support
- Dual-zone climate control
- Leather upholstery
- Power-reclining rear seats
- Powered tailgate with hands-free function
- Tyre pressure monitoring system
- Lane Keep Assist
- Driver Condition Monitor
Stepping up to the R-Sport (Mid-Spec) adds on the following:
- Adaptive LED headlamps with automatic high beam assist
- LED Signature daytime-running lights
- gloss black roof rails
- Interior ambient lighting system
Meanwhile, the R-Sport (Hi-Spec) variant gets equipped with 22-inch wheels as standard.
The “limited-edition” 300 hp Jaguar F-Pace is now available at Jaguar Land Rover Malaysia showrooms, with prices listed as follows (including 50% sales tax exemptions, excluding road tax and insurance):
- Prestige: RM436,420.82
- R-Sport (Mid-Spec): RM470,212.97
- R-Sport (Hi-Spec) RM485,433.81
As standard, the new F-Pace will come with the “Jaguar Care” programme, which includes a five-year warranty, five years free service package, and three years roadside assistance.
Interested customers can now arrange for a test drive via JLR Malaysia’s website, here. Be quick, as only 20 units will be available for sale.