Mercedes-Benz Malaysia has just launched a series of their compact AMG vehicles which includes the AMG A 45 S 4MATIC+ Edition 1 at RM459,888, the AMG CLA 45 S 4MATIC+ Coupe at RM448,888 and the AMG 35 4MATIC Edition 1 Hatchback at RM379,888 on-the-road without insurance.
With Agility Financing, the A 45 S will set you back from RM5,438 per month. As for AMGPro Financing which includes insurance with unlimited mileage breakdown and accident towing, rim and tyre replacement, the A 45 S starts from RM5,688 a month.
Without further ado, let’s get straight into the facts and figures:
- Engine: M139 2.0-litre 4-cylinder turbo
- Transmission: 8-speed AMG SPEEDSHIFT DCT
- Drivetrain: AMG Performance 4MATIC+ all-wheel drive with AMG Torque Control
- Suspension: AMG Ride Control adaptive damping system
- Horsepower: 421 hp @ 6,750 rpm
- Torque: 500 Nm @ 5,000 to 5,250 rpm
- 0 to 100 km/h: 3.9 seconds
- Top Speed: 270 km/h
The AMG Torque Control system in the rear differential has two electronically-controlled multi-disc clutches, each connected to a rear drive shaft. As such power can be variably distributed not just between the front and rear wheels but also between the rear left and right wheel.
The A 45 S also comes with a Drift Mode, under the Race drive setting, allowing for powerslides to make less than professional drivers to feel like Ken Block. Drift mode can be summoned via the Race mode using the paddle shifters, with the Electronic Stability Programme deactivated and transmission set to Manual. We’d recommend that you do this in an appropriate environment and not on public roads.
- AMG Aerodynamics Package – rear spoiler, front splitter, rear diffuser
- AMG Night Package
- Multibeam LED headlamps with Adaptive Highbeam Assist Plus
- Quad tailpipes
- 19-inch five twin spoke light alloy wheels
- Red brake calipers
- Panamerica grille
- 6-pot caliper brakes (front)
- Colour: Sun Yellow, Designo Mountain Grey Magno
- AMG Performance Seats
- AMG Performance steering wheel with Dinamica fibre
- AMG illuminated door sills
- Edition 1 dark aluminium trims
- Electric adjustable front seats with Memory Function
- AMG floor mats
FEATURES & CONVENIENCES
- MBUX with Mercedes me connect
- Apple CarPlay & Android Auto
- AMG Track Pace
- Burmester Surround Sound System
- Head up display
- Wireless charging
- Reverse camera
With the AMG Track Pace that’s standard on the A 45 S models, the system that works hand-in-hand with the MBUX operating system can display 80 vehicle-specific parameters, acceleration and lap times and more using GPS.
Certain international race circuits such as the Nürburgring in Germany or Spa Francorchamps in Belgium have been preset into the system. Using the MBUX Augmented Reality feature, the ideal line of a preset race track can be displayed on the multimedia display or head-up display to help the driver improve on lap times. If drivers so wish, they can even record a new circuit.
SAFETY & DRIVER ASSISTANCE
- Blind spot assist
- Active Brake Assist
- Active Lane Keeping Assist
- Active Parking Assist with Parktronic