Alongside the Mercedes-AMG CLA 45 S 4MATIC+ coupe and A 45 S 4MATIC+ hatchback, Mercedes-Benz Malaysia (MBM) today also launched the A 35 4MATIC in hatchback form as a follow up to the sedan variant, launched locally late last year.
The new hatchback baby AMG is priced at RM379,888, which is RM31,000 up from the A 35 Sedan. So what do you get for the price premium? Let’s get right into it with a detailed look at the specifications.
Under the hood of the A 35 4MATIC is the M260 2.0-litre four-cylinder turbocharged engine, similar to its sedan counterpart. The engine is paired to a seven-speed AMG Speedshift dual-clutch gearbox with power sent to all four wheels. In terms of performance, the A 35 manages the following performance figures:
- Horsepower: 306 hp at 5,800 – 6,100 rpm
- Torque: 400 Nm at 3,000 – 4,000 rpm
- 0-100 km/h: 4.7 seconds
- Top speed: 250 km/h
- Drivetrain: 4MATIC variable all-wheel drive, with AMG Dynamic Select
- Suspension: AMG ride control suspension
The new A 35 4MATIC hatchback is comes solely with the Edition 1 package, which includes the AMG Aerodynamics package and AMG Night package for added performance and flair. Other standard exterior equipment are:
- Rear spoiler, enhanced rear diffuser and front splitter (AMG Aerodynamics package)
- Twin-louvre radiator grille
- Multibeam LED headlights with Adaptive Highbeam Assist Plus
- 19-inch AMG multi-spoke light-alloy wheels
- Twin tailpipes
- Four-piston monoblock fixed callipers (front)
- Exclusive colour: Metallic Blue Denim, matched with Tech Gold wheels, brake callipers, and decals.
Inside, the new Mercedes-AMG A 35 4MATIC hatchback is pretty standard A-class affair, with a little AMG touch to the trims. These include:
- Aluminium AMG Design trim elements in black/silver
- AMG door sill panels with illuminated AMG lettering
- AMG Performance steering wheel in nappa leather
- AMG Performance seats in Artico man-made leather and Dinamica fabric
- AMG floor mats
Other interior standard equipment include:
- Twin 10.25-inch display for infotainment and instrument cluster
- MBUX infotainment system with Mercedes me connect
- AMG Track Pace virtual “race engineer”
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Head-up display
- Wireless charging for mobile phones
- Reverse camera
Track Pace is an AMG-specific feature, available on all three models launched today, to help improve performance on track using GPS data, and over 80 in-car parameters.
Popular international race tracks such as Nurburgring and Spa Francorchamps have been pre-programmed in the system, enabling the driving line function similar to video games using the MBUX Augmented Reality feature. New tracks can be recorded by the users.
As for safety, the Mercedes-AMG A 35 4MATIC Hatchback comes as standard with the brand’s Driving Assistant Package, which includes the following features:
- Active Brake Assist
- Active Lane Keeping Assist
- Blind Spot Assist
- Active Parking Assist with Parktronic
With MBM’s Agile Financing, the A 35 4MATIC starts at RM4,485 per month. Buyers can also opt for the AMGPro Financing plan starting from RM4,688, which includes insurance, unlimited mileage breakdown and accident towing, as well as tyre/rims replacement.