In light of the Covid-19 madness, the Ministry of Transport has given some leeway to those with expired road tax and driver’s license during the Movement Control Order (MCO) duration.

This applies to those holding the Competent Driver’s License (CDL), Goods Driving License (GDL) and Public Service Vehicle License (PSV). These documents however, will need to be renewed within 30 days from the last day of the MCO.

While you may still be able to drive with an expired road tax and license, your vehicle must still have insurance coverage. Drivers are urged to carry their vehicle’s insurance cover note while on the road.

For now, driver’s license and road tax renewals can be done via MySikap JPJ or MyEG. Those who have renewed the said documents do not need to collect the physical documents over the counter during the MCO period; merely showing the proof of payment/receipt will do.

Such measures have been taken to avoid gathering of large crowds and to also ensure that the supply of essential goods to the public will not be affected by the MCO.

Previous articleE-hailing drivers won’t be excluded from upcoming stimulus package, says MOT
Next articleVideo: Hella Wiper Blades – Unboxing
Pan Eu Jin
Regularly spend countless hours online looking at cars and parts I can't afford to buy. How a car makes you feel behind the wheel should be more important than the brand it represents - unless resale value is your thing.