Here it is, guys. The highly-awaited all-new 2022 Honda HR-V has now finally made its official debut here in Malaysia, with four variants of the compact crossover available on offer, starting from RM114,800 on-the-road, and without insurance.
Aside from the entry-level S, all other variants of the all-new 2022 Honda HR-V will be equipped with the RS body kit, which includes the “chequered flag” front grille, sportier bumpers, and a unique “heartbeat” graphic Easter egg on the front bumper, finished in red on the range-topping RS variant, and silver on the others.
Exterior feature highlights include:
- Automatic LED reflector headlights
- LED fog lights (E and above)
- LED combination taillight
- Front sequential LED turn indicators (V and RS)
- Automatic wipers (RS)
- 17- (S, E) and 18-inch (V, RS) alloy wheels
- Smoked tail lamp enclosures (RS)
- Exterior colour choices: Platinum White Pearl, Lunar Silver Metallic, Ruse Black Metallic, Meteoroid Gray Metallic (new), Ignite Red Metallic (new)
The all-new 2022 Honda HR-V will be available in three different powertrain options here in Malaysia, all powered by a 1.5-litre inline-four engine, but with different methods of augmentation.
Starting on the base-model S variant is the 1.5-litre naturally-aspirated inline-four engine sourced from the Honda City, with 121 hp and 145 Nm on offer. Moving up to the E and V variants will net you a significantly more powerful turbocharged 1.5-litre mill, offering up to 181 hp and 240 Nm of torque.
Both of these internal combustion engines are paired to a CVT gearbox to drive the front wheels. In terms of performance figures, the entry-level S variant takes 12.1 seconds to reach 100 km/h from a standstill, onward to a top speed of 187 km/h. Meanwhile, the E and V variants’ 0-100 km/h sprint takes 8.7 seconds, onward to a top speed of 200 km/h.
As for the RS, the range-topping variant will come equipped with an e:HEV hybrid powertrain underneath the bonnet, consisting of a 107 hp 1.5-litre Atkinson-cycle petrol engine and two electric motors (one Traction motor) to make a max rated output of 131 hp and 253 Nm of torque. Drive is sent to the front wheels as well, but through an electrification-optimised e-CVT gearbox. 0-100 km/h for the 2022 Honda HR-V RS is rated at 10.7 seconds, onward to a top speed of 170 km/h.
Just like the City, the e:HEV powertrain here works a little different to most series hybrid set-ups available on most other models in the segment. The wheels are driven mostly by the electric traction motor, with the lock-up clutch only engaging during highway cruising conditions to connect the engine directly to the wheels.
The all-new 2022 Honda HR-V has been redesigned from the ground up on the inside, with a horizontal dashboard layout to improve visibility and usability within the cabin.
Feature wise, the all-new 2022 Honda HR-V is also one of the best equipped in the compact crossover segment, with highlights including:
- 8-inch Display Audio head-unit with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- 7-inch semi-digital instrument cluster (E and above)
- Rear air-con vents
- Air diffusion system for front air vents
- Hands-free access tailgate with walk-away auto close (RS only)
- ULTRA rear seats, 60:40 split folding
- Leather upholstery (V and RS)
- Gear-shift paddles (E and above)
- Rear-seat armrest (E and above)
- Drive mode selector (E and above)
- Variable gear ratio steering (V and RS)
- Dual-zone climate control (RS only)
All variants of the 2022 Honda HR-V in Malaysia will come equipped with the Honda Sensing advanced driver assistance suite, with the following features as standard:
- Autonomous emergency braking
- Adaptive cruise control with stop-go functionality
- Lane keeping assist
- Lane centring assist
- Automatic high beam
- Lead vehicle departure warning
- LaneWatch blind-spot camera (V and RS variants only)
Unfortunately, as with all other Honda models here in our region, the all-new HR-V still does not come with blind-spot monitors.
The all-new 2022 Honda HR-V is priced as follows in Malaysia:
- 1.5L S – RM114,800
- 1.5L E – RM129,800
- 1.5L V – RM134,800
- 1.5L e:HEV RS – RM140,800
All pricing listed above are on-the-road, without insurance. A five-year unlimited mileage warranty is included as standard, alongside an eight-year unlimited mileage lithium-ion battery warranty for the RS, and five times free labour scheduled service, applicable to the first 100,000 km of the car’s lifecycle.