Eight months following its global debut, BMW Malaysia today launched the 2022 BMW X4 LCI facelift here on our shores alongside its more “regular” sibling, the X3. The new BMW X4 will be available in a sole xDrive30i M Sport variant, locally assembled here in Malaysia and priced at RM398,800 on the road, without insurance, and inclusive of the Sales and Service Tax.
In terms of design updates, the facelift on the G02 BMW X4 LCI is rather mild by today’s standards, with only mild tweaks around the exterior. The grille is now slightly larger than before, flanked by the slightly slimmer LED headlights with a reworked light signature.
Aside from that, the rest of the changes are reserved only to the M Sport exterior trims, with new front and rear bumpers – the former featuring a larger lower air intake bookended by two vertical air intakes at the corners.
Other standard exterior feature on the new 2022 BMW X4 include:
- Adaptive LED headlights
- LED tail lights
- M Sport exterior package
- 20-inch M light alloy wheels
- Free-form exhaust tips
- Exterior colour options: Alpine White, Piemont Red, Phytonic Blue and Carbon Black
The powertrain underneath the bonnet remains unchanged in the facelift update, retaining the 2.0-litre turbocharged inline-four engine as before.
- Engine: B48 2.0-litre turbocharged inline-four, petrol
- Transmission: Eight-speed Steptronic Sport automatic
- Driveline: Front engine, xDrive all-wheel drive
- Suspension: Adaptive suspension
- Max horsepower: 245 hp @ 5,000 – 6,500 rpm
- Max torque: 350 Nm @ 1,560 – 4,800 rpm
- 0-100 km/h: 6.6 seconds
- Top speed: 235 km/h
The updates to the interior are significantly more pronounced, with a new dashboard and centre console design borrowed from the G20 BMW 3 Series. In terms of standard features, the 2022 BMW X4 xDrive30i M Sport comes with:
- 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment display with BMW Operating System 7.0 and over-the-air software updates
- 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster (BMW Live Cockpit Professional)
- BMW Intelligent Personal Assistant
- Sport seats with Vernasca leather upholstery in Black or Tacora Red
- Zinc-plated air vents design elements
The new 2022 BMW X4 xDrive30i M Sport facelift comes with the full suite of BMW’s Driving Assistant package, which comes with the following features as standard:
- Lane Change Warning
- Lane Departure Warning
- Front Collision Warning with brake intervention (Autonomous Emergency Braking)
- Parking Assistant
- Reversing Assistant
The 2022 BMW X4 xDrive30i M Sport is priced at RM398,800 on the road, without insurance, and inclusive of SST. Also included in the price is the five-year unlimited mileage warranty and with free scheduled maintenance programme, which can be opted-out of for a lower price.
New owners will also get access to the BMW Roadside Assistance and Accident Hotline, alongside the BMW Group Loyalty+ Mobile App and privileges card, as well as BMW Service Online.