The big man has finally spoken and for those of you who have been fully vaccinated, here are the new updates and changes on travel and movement restrictions beginning the 10th of August 2021.
For starters here’s a look at which state is in which phase of the National Recovery Plan (NRP):
Now that we’re clear on the above, these are new rules for travel and movement restrictions for those who have been fully vaccinated. One is fully vaccinated when he/she receives:
- Two (2) doses of the Pfizer, Astra Zeneca, and Sinovac vaccine with 14-day gap after the 2nd dose
- One (1) dose of the Johnson & Johnson and Cansino vaccine and 28-day gap after the 2nd dose
For those who live in the states under Phase 2 and Phase 3, interdistrict travel is now allowed. At the roadblocks, you will need to show your Covid-19 Vaccination Digital Certificate via the MySejahtera app.
Hotels and homestays are also allowed to open for “same state tourism” – you can travel within your state.
Interstate travel is still not allowed. Langkawi will have to wait. Upon arrival at these hotels and homestays, visitors will have to show their Covid-19 Vaccination Digital Certificate before entering the premises.
Hotel and homestay operators must check and ensure that each visitor shows their respective Covid-19 Vaccination Digital Certificate.
Cross district and interstate travel are only allowed for long-distance couples and parents to their children aged 18 and under. This applies to every state, regardless of which phase they are in.
However, a travel permit is still required from the Polis Diraja Malaysia (PDRM). Those applying will have to bring along a copy of:
- Identification Card (IC) (both parents)
- Child’s birth certificate
- Covid-19 Vaccination Digital Certificate
Malaysian citizens and permanent residents with a place of residence in this country and is returning from overseas may perform their mandatory quarantine at home.
Before returning home, travelers will need to have the following:
- (Negative) Covid-19 PCR test report taken three days before departure
- Certificate of Vaccination (depending on vaccine)
- A suitable premise to perform the quarantine
The duration of the quarantine will be determined based on the “risk factor” of each individual traveler.
No new announcements were made for the number of passengers allowed in a car or even travel radius so it should be the same. For information on that, click here.
According to the last update, the number of passengers per car as of August 10th should be as follow:
- Phase 1 and 2: Only two per household are allowed in one vehicle to purchase food, medicine, and other necessities, within 10 kilometre radius
- Phase 3: Up to three per household may now travel in one vehicle to purchase food, medicine, and other necessities, with no distance limit
More details on new rules will be announced later on.
For now, these are the other remaining new rules for movement and travel restrictions from the announcement today.
- Sports activities indoors and outdoors are allow, without physical contact and large crowds, from 6 am to 10 pm.
- Dine-ins are now allowed and eateries must check each customer for the Covid-19 Vaccination Digital Certificate
- Offices are now allowed to have 60% of the the work force
The big man also expects the enforcement of SOPs to be stricter or they will not hesitate to shut down the premises and revoke these new privileges if SOPs are not adhered to.
To recap, these new rules will come into effect from the 10th of August 2021.