First previewed in April together with the BMW X3 sDrive20i, BMW Malaysia has confirmed the pricing of the locally-assembled BMW 330Li M Sport.
The first-ever BMW 330Li M Sport is now priced from RM277,164.22, just RM6,000 more than that short wheelbase variant.
As such, the BMW 3 Series line-up in Malaysia, with standard warranty pricing, consist of:
- BMW 320i Sport 2021 with BMW Live Cockpit Professional- RM230,763.65
- BMW 330e M Sport PHEV- RM249,848.95
- BMW 330i M Sport- RM271,212.02
- BMW 330Li M Sport Long wheelbase- RM277,164.22
- BMW M340i xDrive- RM389,234.13
The first-ever BMW 3 Series long wheelbase in Malaysia will be offered with the popular M Sport package. This means the inclusion of the M Sport aerodynamics kit, M badges, and black window surrounds similar to the standard wheelbase variants.
However, the design of the rims is different, together with a rear bumper that surrounds the exhaust outlets in a trapezoidal design. Visible behind the 18-inch wheels are the unpainted standard brake calipers.
- 18″ M light-alloy wheels in Double Spoke Style 848 M Bicolour, staggered sizing
- M Aerodynamics Package
- Standard brake calipers
- Adaptive LED headlamps
- Welcome light “carpet”
- Panoramic 2-piece glass roof
The wheelbase has been stretched by 110 mm, measuring 2,961 mm, which is just 14 mm shorter than the BMW 5 Series. Compared to the Lexus ES which visually looks exceptionally spacious like a long-wheelbase car, the ruler only registers a reading of 2,870 mm, or 91 mm shorter than the 330 Li.
BMW says there is a 6 mm increase in overall height on the 330Li M Sport compared to the 330i M Sport. Boot space is rated at 480 litres.
In terms of the additional features for the more spacious back seat, there aren’t any extra toys. However, a massive two-piece panoramic glass roof provides more light into the enlarged cabin. Dimensionally, the legroom for the rear passengers has increased by 42 mm, while headroom is a marginal 4 mm more compared to the 330i M Sport.
- Dashboard in Sensatec
- Aluminium Tetragon trim with pearl chrome highlights
- M Sport steering wheel and foot pedals
- Comfort front seats
- 12.3-inch fully digital instrument cluster
- 10.25-inch touch screen central display
- Three-zone automatic air-conditioning
- 10-speaker HiFi sound system
- Enhanced ambient lighting (lighting strip at back of front seats)
Upfront, the occupants are treated to a higher quality interior compared to the standard wheelbase variants. The dashboard is now covered in Sensatec with contrast stitching while the switches at doors are in a satin finishing called “Galvanic Embellishers”.
The Malaysian launch of the first-ever BMW 330Li M Sport will also debut the new ‘My BMW App‘ that provides easy access to a wide range of remote services, on-the-go navigation, and e-mobility features. The application will replace the BMW Connected App this month and is now available for download on both Android and iOS-enabled smartphones.
The first-ever locally-assembled BMW 330Li M Sport can be had in Mineral White or Carbon Black and paired with Vernasca leather upholstery in Mocha with black stitching.
- Engine: 2.0-litre turbocharged 4-cylinder
- Transmission: 8-speed Steptronic automatic, rear-wheel drive
- Max Power: 258 hp @ 5,000 rpm to 6,500 rpm
- Max Torque: 400 Nm @ 1,550 rpm to 4,400 rpm
- 0 – 100 km/h: 6.2 seconds
- Top Speed: 250 km/h (limited)
- Fuel consumption: 6.4 l/100 km
The powertrain of the new BMW 330Li M Sport mirrors the 330i M Sport, which means access to the potent 258 hp output and 400 Nm of torque from the turbocharged 2.0-litre four-cylinder engine. Due to the increase in overall mass, the 0 to 100 km/h time for the long-wheelbase variant takes a little longer, now registering 6.2 seconds– a 0.4-second delay.
Being focussed as a limousine, the suspension has the standard lift-related dampers setting (non M Sport, non adaptive) as well as standard steering mechanism, unlike the 330Li M Sport with variable sport steering paired with M Sport suspension. Watch our review on the BMW 330i M Sport here.
Similar to the standard wheelbase variant, the new BMW 330Li M Sport is also equipped with the Driving Assistant Package which includes:
- Front Collision Warning with brake intervention
- Lane Departure Warning
- Lane Change Warning
- Rear Cross-Traffic Warning and Collision Prevention
- Reverse camera
- Intelligent Emergency Call
The first-ever BMW 330Li M Sport is priced from RM277,164.22 on the road, without insurance, and inclusive of the SST exemptions. However, the aforementioned price only comes with a standard two-year warranty.
For the full five-year/unlimited mileage warranty with free scheduled service programme and, the price increases to RM290,284.22 – a RM13,120 premium.
With the Balloon Financing Plan from BMW Group Financial Services Malaysia, the first-ever BMW 330Li M Sport can be owned with a monthly instalment plan starting from RM3,078 (based on estimates of an 80% loan on a five-year tenure).