We can’t say we didn’t see this coming. In fact, we were expecting it and we hope you did too but what’s done is done and here’s what you need to prepare for when the nationwide MCO kicks in from the 12th of May till the 7th of June 2021.
- Maximum of three passengers in a car including the driver (private vehicles, taxi, e-hailing)
- SOP for public transportation remains unchanged
- No interstate or interdistrict travels except for health-related issues, emergencies, work, vaccination appointments, or long-distance couples
- All public gathering is not allowed including weddings, face-to-face seminars and conferences, government or private events
- All sports and recreational activities are not allowed, except exercising in open spaces individually such as jogging and cycling, with social distancing practices
- All education institutions are to be closed, except daycares and kindergartens with strict SOPs while exceptions will be given to students with international examinations
- Dine-ins strictly not allowed
- Workplace attendance must not exceed 30% of workforce at all times
- No visiting allowed during Hari Raya, including the cemetery
- Prayers at the mosque are allowed during Hari Raya – not exceeding 50 persons for mosques with 1,000 or more capacity and not exceeding 20 persons for mosques with less than 1,000 capacity. The same rule applies to Friday prayers
- SOPs in all non-muslim places of worship will also be tightened
- All economic sectors are allowed to remain in operation
As of today, all inter-district and inter-state travel, as well as social, sports and education activities have been disallowed.