First revealed as the Concept 4 almost 2 years ago now, BMW launched the all-new G22 BMW 4 Series last June and of the many variants available, one of them has arrived in Malaysia – the BMW 430i M Sport.
The fully-imported 430i is priced at RM454,800 and is accompanied with a 5-year unlimited mileage warranty with free scheduled service.
Its handling is further enhanced by the Actuator Contiguous Wheel Slip Limitation (ARB) which allows the car to keep a cleaner line when going through a tight corner.
- Engine: 2.0-litre turbocharged 4-cylinder
- Transmission: 8-speed Steptronic automatic
- Brakes: Single pot floating (front and rear)
- Max Power: 258 hp @ 5,000 rpm to 6,500 rpm
- Max Torque: 400 Nm @ 1,550 rpm to 4,500 rpm
- 0 – 100 km/h: 5.8 seconds
- Top Speed: 250 km/h (limited)
Colours available include the Arctic Race Blue Metallic, Portimao Blue, Alpine White, and Black Sapphire. Boot space is rated at 440 litres while the rear seats offer 40:20:40 split folding.
- 19″ M light-alloy wheels in Double-spoke style 797 M Bicolour with Run Flats
- M Sport brakes with Blue calipers
- M Sport suspension
- M Aerodynamics Package
- BMW Laser Lights
- BMW Individual Shadow Line
Inside, the 430i M Sport comes with 11different ambient lighting along with a 3-zone air conditioning system. Climbing on board, you’d immediately be greeted by a striking M Sport door sill. As for the shiny bits on the dashboard and centre console, they’re called Aluminium Tetragon trims.
The touchscreen display is powered by the BMW Operating System 7, with Connected Package Professional which offers Intelligent Emergency Call, Teleservices, Intelligent Personal Assistant.
- M steering wheel
- M pedals
- 12.3-inch fully digital instrument display
- 10.25-inch touch screen
- 16-speaker Harman Kardon
On the infotainment system, the Remote Software Upgrade offers software updates, allowing drivers to access new vehicle functions that can be retrofitted seamlessly via an over-the-air upgrade.
Safety is ensure by seven airbags along with Parking Assistant and Reverse Assistance features. It’s also equipped with the Driving Assistant Package which includes:
- Front Collision Warning with brake intervention
- Lane Departure Warning
- Lane Change Warning
- Rear Cross Warning and Collision Prevention
When activated, the Reversing Assistant continuously records the last 50 metres of driving (when driven slowly, at speeds of up to 35 km/h) and can automatically reverse on the same path, making it easier to manuerver in tight spaces.