Sime Darby Auto Connexion, the sole distributor for Ford vehicles in Malaysia, has updated the price list for the Ford Ranger pick-up truck. The new price list sees an increase between RM1.5k to RM2k, depending on the variant.
The updated price list follows the company’s announcement earlier this week, where it introduced a new 5-year/160,000 km warranty for the Ford Ranger line-up. The new price list for the Ford Ranger in Peninsular Malaysia are as follows:
- Ranger 2.0L Raptor – RM210,888 (+RM2,000)
- Ranger 2.0L WildTrak 4×4 – RM152,388 (+RM2,000)
- Ranger 2.0L XLT+ – RM131,888 (+RM2,000)
- Ranger 2.2L XLT Automatic – RM118,388 (+RM1,500)
- Ranger 2.2L XLT Manual – RM111,388 (+RM1,500)
- Ranger 2.2L XL Double Cab Automatic – RM105,388 (+RM2,000)
- Ranger 2.2L XL Double Cab Manual – RM97,388 (+RM1,500)
- Ranger 2.2L XL Single Cab Manual – RM92,388 (+RM1,500)
All figures above are on-the-road prices, without insurance, and inclusive of all relevant sales tax. Pick-up trucks are not eligible for the sales tax relief under the government’s PENJANA initiatives, as they are classified as commercial vehicles.
Looking at SDAC-Ford’s website, it also appears that the Ford Everest SUV, last updated in Malaysia back in 2018, is now only offered in a single Titanium variant, priced at RM268,888 (+RM10,000 from launch price). Also removed from the website is the Ford Ranger FX4 variant, signalling the end of the model’s production run.