Sime Darby Auto Connection (SDAC) has unveiled the Ford Ranger FX4 through an online broadcast on its social media channels today. The new Ford Ranger FX4 is priced at RM126,888 on the road, without insurance.
Based on the existing XLT variant of the T6 Ford Ranger, the Ranger FX4 dresses up the pick-up truck with exclusive styling details and additional kit, for those who like the toughened-up look. The full list of added exterior features are listed below:
- Ebony Black mesh front grille
- 18-inch blacked-out alloy wheels, 265/60 profile tyres
- blacked-out side steps, wing mirror housings, door handles, front and rear bumpers
- FX4 side decal, rear emblem
- Matte-black sports bar – free accessory for the first 150 customers, otherwise optional at RM1,899.00
- Three exterior colours – Meteor Grey, Absolute Black and Artic White
Other exterior features are inherited directly from the XLT variant. These include halogen headlights with manual levelling function, daytime running lights, front and rear fog lights, and rain-sensing automatic wipers.
The Ranger FX4 features the same drivetrain found in it’s “donor” variant, the Ranger XLT.
- Engine: 2.2-litre Duratorq four-cylinder turbocharged diesel
- Transmission: six-speed automatic
- Drivetrain: electronic shift-on-the-fly 4×4
- Max Horsepower: 160 hp @ 3,200 rpm
- Max Torque: 385 Nm @ 1,600 – 2,600 rpm
The toughened-up look continues inside, with some FX4 variant-exclusive interior trim. These include:
- Leather-accented seats with embossed FX4 logo on seatback
- Ebony black soft top instrument panel
- Red accent stitching
- FX4 floor mats
The new Ranger FX4 also gains a new larger eight-inch SYNC 3 infotainment display (from the XLT+ and higher models), featuring Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity, and reverse camera display. Otherwise, standard equipment list is identical to the XLT, including the manual air conditioning, six-way powered driver’s seat, and four-way powered front passenger seat.
On the safety front, the FX4 comes with several basic and pick-up specific safety features. These include:
- Dual airbags (front)
- ABS with EBD
- Electronic stability control and traction control
- Hill Descent Control
- Hill Launch Assist
- Rollover Mitigation
- Trailer Sway Control
- Adaptive Load Control
As with its XLT counterpart, the new Ranger FX4 does not come with any advanced driver assistance features – these are reserved only for the top-of-the-range Wildtrak variants.
The 2020 Ford Ranger FX4 is available now at RM126,888 (OTR, w/o insurance). As standard, the Ranger FX4 comes with a three-year/100,000 km manufacturer’s warranty. Interested parties can make use of SDAC-Ford’s new Digital Salesperson WhatsApp chat line to enquire or book a new vehicle.
To sweeten the deal, SDAC is also offering exclusive free accessories worth RM5,398 for the first 150 customers:
- Matte black sports bar
- Executive tinting
- Integrated digital video recorder (DVR, dashcam) with 8GB memory card and hotspot connectivity