Jaguar Land Rover Malaysia has introduced the 2020 Jaguar XE here in Malaysia, which has been given a facelift update globally last year. The new Jaguar XE will be available here in a sole R-Dynamic variant, with prices starting from RM395,831.02 on the road, without insurance, and inclusive of the sales tax exemptions effective until the end of 2020.
The 2020 Jaguar XE has received a mild cosmetic makeover with this update. Thanks to the R-Dynamic package, the Malaysian-specification Jaguar XE also gets sportier front and rear bumpers, the former featuring aircraft winglet-inspired styling cues on the air inlets.
Visual updates on the new Jaguar XE include:
- Reworked headlights with ‘J’ blade daytime-running lights
- Redesigned taillights with new bolder, sharper lighting signature
- Larger air intakes on the front bumper
- Dark mesh detailing on the rear bumper, with integrated dual exhaust exits
- New 18-inch wheel styles
The updated Jaguar XE is available in Malaysia only in P300 form, featuring Jaguar Land Rover’s 2.0-litre Turbocharged Ingenium engine.
- Engine: P300 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder Ingenium petrol engine
- Transmission: ZF 8HP45 eight-speed automatic
- Powertrain: Front engine, rear-wheel drive
- Max horsepower: 300 hp @ 5,500 RPM
- Max torque: 400 Nm @ 1,500 – 4,500 RPM
- 0-100 km/h: 5.9 seconds
- Top speed: 250 km/h
To enhance the refinement of the sports sedan, Jaguar equipped a pendulum damper in the torque converter gearbox of the XE that is “extremely effective at absorbing low frequency vibrations”, allowing the engine to run at lower speeds – thus resulting in better fuel economy.
Jaguar Drive Control is also fitted as standard on the XE, with switchable driving modes that alters the engine and transmission response, steering feel, parasitic load management, as well as traction and stability control. This is controlled via a toggle switch on the centre console.
Much like most recent Jaguar and Land Rover facelift updates, the new XE also sees a significant overhaul to its interior styling, though retaining the overall architecture from before. Changes in the cabin include:
- New Touch Pro Duo infotainment system; 10-inch upper infotainment display, 5.5-inch lower screen for climate control and drive settings, two dynamic rotary dials with integrated display
- 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster
- Smartphone Pack, featuring Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity
- Wireless charging pad
- New pistol-style gear shifter stalk
The new updated Jaguar XE also comes equipped with Smart Settings, as seen on recent JLR models including the all-new Range Rover Evoque, Jaguar E-Pace, and Land Rover Discovery Sport. The feature uses artificial intelligence to learn the driver’s preference in climate control, infotainment, and comfort settings over time, and will preset the right settings when the driver is approaching the car, with separate profiles for different keys and mobile phones.
The safety equipment on the Jaguar XE have been given a minor spec bump, with a couple of new additions to the active driver assistance suite. As standard, safety kit on the XE now includes:
- Driver condition monitoring
- Lane keep assist with lane departure warning
- Park Assist with 360-degree Parking Aid
- Traffic sign recognition with adaptive speed limiter
- Rear traffic monitor
- Six airbags
- Dynamic stability control
- Traction control
The updated 2020 Jaguar XE is now available in Malaysia in the sole P300 R-Dynamic form, with prices starting at RM395,831.02, on the road, and without insurance. The price listed here also includes the sales tax exemptions that is in place until the end of 2020.
Included in the price is also the Jaguar Care programme, which includes a five-year unlimited-mileage warranty with free scheduled service programme, as well as three years of free roadside assistance.