Jaguar Land Rover Malaysia has launched the all-new second-generation Range Rover Evoque here in Malaysia through an online presentation today, nine years after the local debut of its predecessor.
The all new Evoque is available in two variants locally – the base Evoque priced at RM426,828, as well as the Evoque R-Dynamic priced at RM475,398. Both price listed are inclusive of the 50% sales tax exemption, excluding car registration, insurance and road tax.
The exterior of the second-generation Evoque is heavily inspired by its elder brother, the Range Rover Velar, though it still maintains its signature coupe-like design cues including the rising belt line and sloping roofline.
In terms of size, the all-new Evoque is slightly larger in all dimensions compared to the outgoing model, measuring 4,371 mm (+6 mm) in length, 1,649 mm (+14 mm) in height, 2,100 mm (+135 mm) in width and a longer wheelbase of 2,681 mm (+21 mm).
The R-Dynamic variant pictured here gains additional burnished copper accents on the front and rear bumpers, front fender inserts, and bonnet louvres. Otherwise, the exterior design specifications are largely similar to the base model:
- Premium LED headlights with signature daytime running lights
- LED taillights
- Sweeping turn indicators
- Flush door handles
- tailgate spoiler
- Five split-spoke design 20-inch alloy wheels in Gloss Sparkle Silver (Style 5076 on base model, 5079 on R-Dynamic)
- Colours: Sillicon Silver, Firenze Red, Santorini Black, Seoul Pearl Silver (pictured), Yulong White, Carpathian Grey
Both variants of the all-new Range Rover Evoque are powered by the same Ingenium 2.0-litre turbocharged inline-four engine, tuned to two different power outputs. Both variants get a nine-speed automatic gearbox as standard.
On the base model, output figures are as follows:
- Max horsepower: 200 hp @ 5,500 RPM
- Max torque: 320 Nm @ 1,300 – 4,500 RPM
- 0-100 km/h: 8.5 seconds
- Top speed: 216 km/h
Meanwhile, the R-Dynamic variant gets quite a significant bump in performance:
- Max horsepower: 249 hp @ 5,500 RPM
- Max torque: 365 Nm @ 1,300 – 4,500 RPM
- 0-100 km/h: 7.5 seconds
- Top speed: 230 km/h
Despite the pretty face, the all-new Range Rover Evoque should be quite handy off road too, thanks to the standard-equipment Terrain Response 2 all-wheel drive system, which can automatically adjust torque delivery depending on the current terrain the car is on. Other driving technologies include:
- All Terrain Progress Control
- Hill Descent Control
- Hill Launch Assist
- Roll Stability Control
- Torque Vectoring by Braking
Thanks to the now larger size and elongated wheelbase, the second-generation Range Rover Evoque gained 20 mm extra legroom at the rear, along with a 10% larger boot space at 591 litres (+16 litres).
The interior of the all-new Evoque is chock-full of technologies, featuring the marque’s latest Touch Pro Duo infotainment system which uses two 10-inch high-definition glass touchscreens to control most of the vehicle’s functions – including climate control and the aforementioned Terrain Response 2 system.
The all-new Range Rover Evoque is also the first Land Rover model to carry the Smart Settings feature, which uses Artificial Intelligence to automatically learn and adjust the seats, climate control settings, and even your radio stations before you step in the car, depending which key or phone is approaching it.
Otherwise, the Malaysia-specification Range Rover Evoque gets the following interior specifications as standard:
- 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster
- Perforated grained leather seats
- Leather steering wheel
- Graduated Linear Bright Aluminium trim finishers
- 14-way electric memory front seats
- two-zone climate control
- 380W Meridian sound system
The R-Design variant gains the Clear Sight Technology system which includes ClearSight Interior Rear View Mirror and ClearSight Ground View. The ClearSight Interior Rear View Mirror uses a camera positioned atop the vehicle to display a 50-degree field-of-vision rearward view on the rear view mirror.
ClearSight Ground View on the other hand allows the driver to see what’s happening right underneath the engine bay using smart camera tricks to project a 180-degree view of the ground onto the infotainment display.
Other R-Dynamic interior upgrades include:
- Configurable ambient lighting
- Perforated duo-tone grained leather seats
- Perforated leather steering wheel
- Chrome door sillplates
- Bright metal pedals
- Gradated Linear Dark Aluminium trim finishers
As standard, the second-generation Evoque comes equipped with the following safety and driver assistance features:
- Six airbags
- ABS with EBD
- Emergency Brake Assist
- Clear exit monitor (approaching traffic warning for door opening)
- Park Assist, 360-degree Parking Aid (proximity sensors)
- Driver Condition Monitor
- Rear camera
- Rear cross traffic monitor
- Lane Keep Assist
- Traffic Sign Recognition and Adaptive Speed Limit
Opting for the R-Dynamic variant nets you the following upgrades:
- 360-degree surround camera
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- High-speed Emergency Braking
- Blind Spot Monitor
As mentioned above, the all-new second generation Land Rover Range Rover Evoque is available in Malaysia starting at RM426,828 for the base model, and RM475,398 for the R-Dynamic model. Both price listed are inclusive of the 50% sales tax exemption for fully imported vehicles, excluding car registration, insurance and road tax.
As standard, the all-new Range Rover Evoque comes with the Land Rover Care package, which includes:
- Five-year/150,000 km warranty
- Five-year/65,000 km servicing package
- Three-year Land Rover Roadside Assistance