It’s been a pretty long wait, but Jaguar Land Rover Malaysia has finally introduced the Jaguar E-Pace compact SUV on our shores. The E-Pace will be available in a single variant, priced at RM403,216.67.
The exterior design of the Jaguar E-Pace is said to be heavily inspired by the brand’s F-Type sports car, with many of its design cues such as the sweeping roofline, gaping front grille, and the muscular rear haunches, all making its way onto the compact SUV.
Despite not equipped with the more aggressive R-Dynamic body kit, the Jaguar E-Pace still looks plenty sporty. Exterior highlights include:
- LED headlights with Signature daytime-running lights
- LED Taillight
- 20-inch “Style 6014” six split-spoke alloy wheels with Satin Grey Diamond Turned finish
- Twin tailpipes with finishers
- Two exterior colour options: Yulong White Metallic and Firenze Red Metallic
The E-Pace compact SUV is powered by a two-litre turbocharged Ingenium engine that’s shared with the recently-updated Land Rover Discovery Sport. In fact, the E-Pace is also built on the same Jaguar Land Rover Premium Transverse Architecture (PTA) as the Disco Sport.
- Engine: 2.0-litre four-cylinder twin-scroll turbocharged Ingenium petrol engine
- Transmission: ZF Nine-speed automatic transmission
- Drivetrain: all-wheel drive
- Max horsepower: 200 hp @ 5,500 RPM
- Max torque: 320 Nm @ 1,250 RPM
- 0-100 km/h: 8.2 seconds
- Top speed: 216 km/h
The all-wheel drive system is mated to a bunch of electronic wizardries, such as JaguarDrive Control driving mode switch, All Surface Progress Control, and Torque Vectoring by Braking, to ensure that the drivability of the E-Pace is on par with other Jaguar models.
A key addition to the E-Pace is the introduction of Smart Settings, as seen on the Land Rover Discovery Sport and Evoque, which automatically adjusts the seats, climate control, and various other comfort and infotainment settings as the driver approaches the car with the key fob or registered smartphone.
Over time, the Smart Settings system will pick up more of the driver’s preferences such as time, location, weather, and behaviour patterns thanks to the built-in artificial intelligence ‘self-learning’ technology. For example, the system is able to change the media source on a particular day of the week or time of day.
Otherwise, interior equipment are as such:
- 10-inch Touch Pro infotainment display with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto Connectivity
- Navigation Pro service
- 5.0-inch multi-info display in the instrument cluster
- 380W Meridian Sound System
- Two-zone climate control
- Grained leather upholstery, Ebony
- 14-way electric memory front seats
- Powered tailgate with gesture control
Safety equipment on the Jaguar E-Pace include:
- Six airbags – Front, side, and full-length curtain airbags
- Automatic headlights with automatic high-beam assist
- Lane Keep Assist
- Driver Condition Monitor
- Park Assist with 360-degree Parking Aid
- Rear-view camera
- Rear Traffic Monitor
The Jaguar E-Pace is available in Malaysia in a sole 2.0L AWD variant, priced at RM403,216.67 on the road, without insurance, and inclusive of the sales tax exemptions until the end of 2020.
Included as standard in the price is the Jaguar Care programme, which includes:
- five-year/150,000 km warranty
- five-year/65,000 km free service package
- three-year roadside assistance
If you’re interested in the new Jaguar E-Type, you can now register for a test drive via Jaguar Land Rover Malaysia’s website here.
Jaguar E-Pace R-Dynamic