Honda Malaysia has announced a product recall involving the Honda City, City Hatchback, HR-V, and BR-V, in a precautionary safety measure. The recall exercise will involve 1,527 vehicles in total, and is broken down as follows:
|Situation||Model||Model Year||Units Affected|
The recalls are for the following situations:
- A: Inspection of the nut torque on the Alternating Current Generator (ACG)
- This recall is a precautionary safety measure to inspect the nut tightening on the ACG terminal of the engine harness. This may cause poor contact terminal and battery malfunction which may lead to engine halt while driving or unable to start the engine after the car stops.
- The models affected are 1,068 units of (City 2021 Year Model) and City Hatchback (2022 Year Model).
- B: Inspection of the bolt earth grounding tightness
- This recall is a precautionary safety measure to inspect the tightening of bolt earth grounding that may lead to a loose wire harness. This may cause poor contact terminal and may result in engine halt while driving or unable to start the engine after the car stops.
- The models affected are 343 units of HR-V (2020 Year Model) and 116 units of BR-V (2021 Year Model).
The company clarifies that all current production and selling models are not affected in this product recall, and no incidences of crashes or injuries caused by the issues above have been reported in Malaysia as of today.
All affected customers will be informed via notification letters, which will include further details on the product recall. Honda Malaysia urges all affected customers to contact any Honda authorised dealerships to make an appointment upon receipt of the notification letter to have their vehicles checked and repaired if required.
Customers can also contact Honda Malaysia’s Toll-Free number at 1-800-88-2020 for further information and check on their vehicle status for the recall. The inspection, repair, and replacement of any affected parts are free of charge, with all related costs to be borne by Honda Malaysia.