Honda Malaysia today launched the new 2022 Odyssey, in its second facelift form, here on our shores. The seven-seater MPV will be fully imported from Japan (CBU), priced at RM275,311 on the road, without insurance, and inclusive of the sales tax exemptions (5%) until the 30th of June 2022.
The second facelift exercise gave the fifth-generation Honda Odyssey a significant redesign on its exterior styling, headlined by the new Honda Wing front grille, new headlights and taillights design, as well as reworked bumpers to give it a wider and dominant stance on the road.
In terms of standard equipment, the new 2022 Honda Odyssey in Malaysia comes with:
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- LED headlights
- Sequential turn indicators
- Hands-free powered tailgate
- Exterior colour choices: Platinum White Pearl, Premium Twinkle Black Pearl, Super Platinum Metallic
Underneath the bonnet is the same 2.4-litre naturally-aspirated four-cylinder engine, as introduced here in Malaysia when the current-gen Odyssey first made its debut (in the first facelift form) back in 2018.
- Engine: 2.4-litre DOHC i-VTEC inline-four, petrol
- Transmission: CVT automatic
- Driveline: Front-engine, front-wheel drive
- Max horsepower: 175 hp @ 6,200 rpm
- Max torque: 225 Nm @ 4,000 rpm
The second-facelift model brings along a newly-redesigned dashboard, which includes a new storage compartment to provide even more convenience for customers. Other standard interior features include:
- 7-inch digital instrument cluster
- 8-inch Advanced Display Audio with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity
- Combination leather upholstery
- Second-row Captain Cradle Seat with Ottoman
- Forward/backward folding seats for multiple seating configurations (2-2-3 layout)
- Three-zone climate control with rear ceiling vents
The new 2022 Honda Odyssey in Malaysia comes equipped with the Honda Sensing advanced driver assistance suite, which includes:
- Adaptive cruise control
- Forward collision warning with autonomous emergency braking
- Lane Keep Assist System
- Road Departure Mitigation
- Lane Departure Warning
- Auto High-Beam
- Smart Parking Assist
- Blind Spot Information
- Cross Traffic Monitor
- 360-degree surround-view Multi View Camera System
The fully-imported 2022 Honda Odyssey is priced at RM275,311 on the road, without insurance, and inclusive of the SST exemptions (5% for CBU models) that is valid until the 30th of June 2022. Included in the price is also a five-year unlimited-mileage warranty, and five times free labour service within 100,000 km or five years.