After its preview at the Sepang Circuit, Honda Malaysia has finally launched the all-new Civic with three variants available starting from RM125,634 for the 1.5E, RM138,043 for the 1.5V, and RM144,350 for the RS variant.
To date, Honda Malaysia has received 1,600 bookings for the all-new sedan and expects to sell around 900 units a month.
All three variants are powered by the same 1.5-litre turbocharged engine from the previous generation with a new oil pan and crankshaft for reduced NVH (Noise, Vibration & Harshness). With components for the turbocharger, that’s tuned for even better response, the engine produces 9 hp and 20 Nm more than before. Honda says the CVT transmission has also been retuned.
The 1.8-litre naturally-aspirated from the previous 10th generation has been discontinued.
- Engine: 1.5-litre turbocharged 4-cylinder engine
- Transmission: CVT gearbox
- Drivetrain: Front-wheel Drive
- Max Power: 182 hp @ 6,000 rpm
- Max Torque: 240 Nm @ 1,700 to 4,500 rpm
- 0 to 100 km/h: 8.3 seconds (1.5E), 8.4 seconds (1.5V), 8.5 seconds (RS)
The all-new Civic is 30 mm longer, 3 mm wider, and 1 mm lower along with a 33 mm increase in wheelbase for better rear legroom and improved high-speed stability. The A-pillars have been moved backward by 50 mm for better forward visibility.
As for the roof, the black rubber strip on both sides has been eliminated using a Lazer Brazing method that offers a cleaner, more seamless look.
- Wheel sizes: 16-inch to 18-inches
- LED front fog lights for V and RS variant
- Semi-chrome door handles in 1.5 V, body coloured in 1.5E
All variants are equipped with automatic headlights, auto-retractable side mirrors, LED headlights and daytime running lights along with rear LED combination taillights.
As for the RS variant, it comes with black details in the headlamps, RS emblems front and back, 18-inch wheels, black window surrounds, black door handles, side mirrors, shark fin antenna, chrome tailpipes, and black ducktail spoiler.
Standard across all variants are features like remote engine start, single-zone air conditioning, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, dual rear USB ports, rear air vents, leather-wrapped steering wheel, and a 7-inch multi-information display.
- 9-inch infortainment for V and RS variant
- 7-inch infortainment for E variant
- Drive Mode Selector for V and RS variant
- Electrochromic rear view mirror for 1.5V and RS
- Fabric seats for 1.5E, Leather for 1.5V, semi-leather for RS
- 8-way powered seats for driver in 1.5V and RS)
- Sport button for 1.5V and RS
- Paddle shifters for 1.5V and RS
- 3x USB in 1.5E, 4x USB ports in 1.5V and RS
Exclusive to the RS variant are semi-leather seats, sports pedals, front footwell lighting, front door ambient lighting, and the automatic wiper feature.
All variants of the Civic come with six airbags including front, side, and curtain airbags, brake auto hold, hill-start assist, front and rear parking sensors.
Each variant of the all-new Civic comes with the full range of Honda Sensing features including adaptive cruise control with stop-go function, autonomous emergency braking, lane keep assist, lane centering assist and automatic high beam.
A new addition to the Honda Sensing system is the Lead Car Departure Notification System where the car will alert the driver once the car ahead has moved. Honda’s LaneWatch system and Honda Connect are only available in the 1.5V and RS.