Remember our previous article on BMW’s Facebook post regarding the iX electric SUV? Well, it seems we’re getting the xDrive40 and xDrive50 of the iX after all, along with the iX3 electric SUV and the latest i4 eDrive40. All of which will be fully imported.
Of the models mentioned above BMW Malaysia only released the prices of the iX xDrive40 as follows:
- xDrive40 – RM435,800
- xDrive40 Sport – RM488,800
- xDrive40 with Power Package – RM440,400
- xDrive40 Sport with Power Package – RM493,400
BMW Malaysia has only provided prices excluding SST exemptions for now and they are inclusive of the extended warranty.
With the standard warranty and excluding SST exemptions, the iX is priced as follow:
- xDrive40 – RM419,630
- xDrive 40 Sport – RM472,630
- xDrive40 with Power Package – RM424,230
- xDrive Sport with Power Package – RM477,230
Each unit from the BMW i fleet will also be offered with an 8-year/160,000 km battery warranty, whichever comes first.
With the Balloon Financing Plan from BMW Group Financial Services Malaysia, the iX xDrive40 and BMW iX xDrive40 Sport starts from RM 4,888.00 and RM 5,478.00 respectively (based on estimates of an 80% loan on a five-year tenure).
BMW Malaysia is now taking orders for the new BMW i fleet, where those interested can place their booking online, for a fee of RM5,000.
- Horsepower: 326 hp
- Torque: 630 Nm
- 0 to 100 km/h: 6.1 seconds
- Top Speed: 200 km/h
The xDrive40 gets all-wheel drive from two electric motors, one on each axle, and a 76.6kWh battery that provides 425 km of electric driving range. With a 11kW AC charger, full charge takes approximately seven hours.
With up to 150 kW DC fast charging, the electric SUV can be charged up to 80% in about 30 mins.
The first 50 customers to pre-book the iX xDrive40 or xDrive40 Sport will receive complimentary charger installation and a complimentary 1-year to access public charging. The offer ends on the 22nd of September.
We can talk all day long about how it looks but it’s already done so let’s focus on what’s on the body for now. It’s as clean and minimalist as you like *without talking about the grille* and it’s got all the bits you’d expect in a RM400k SUV.
- 21-inch aerodynamic wheels with 255/50 tyres
- Comfort Access (keyless entry etc.)
- Welcome lights
- LED headlamps with High Beam Assistant
- 4-zone air conditioning
- Electrically-adjustable seats for driver
- 12.3-inch instrument cluster
- 14.9-inch infotainment system With BMW Operating System 8
- Wireless Charging
Add on the Sport Package for an additional RM53,000 and here’s what you get:
- Panoramic Roof
- 22-inch wheels
- Sport Line kit (sport brakes with blue calipers, darkened headlamps, sport seats)
- 18-speaker Harman Kardon sound system
- Real wood and crystal cabin trims
- BMW Laserlight
- Surround view camera
- Lane and Steering Control Assistant
The standard safety features consists of Lane Departure Warning, Lane Change Warning, autonomous emergency braking (front and rear), rear cross-traffic alert, Reverse and Park Assistant and reverse camera.