The long-awaited and highly anticipated 2023 Chery Tiggo 8 Pro has finally made its launch in Malaysia. Offered in a single variant only, the Chery Tiggo 8 Pro in Malaysia is priced at RM159,800 (OTR, without insurance).
Looking to renew your car insurance? Check out MotorTakaful.com by Etiqa for an instant 10% rebate, cashback, and many more if you renew online.
Based on the Tiggo 8 Pro Max in China, the 2023 Chery Tiggo 8 Pro measures 4,722 mm long, 1,860 mm wide, and 1,705 mm tall, with a 2,710 mm long wheelbase underpinning it, and is meant to compete against the likes of the Proton X90, Kia Sorento, and Hyundai Santa Fe in Malaysia. Compared to the three competitors, the Tiggo 8 Pro is both shorter in length and narrower as well. In terms of height, it is taller than the two Korean competitors but is slightly shorter than the Proton X90.
On the outside, the 2023 Chery Tiggo 8 Pro wears a “galaxy”-inspired front grille, with prism-inspired inserts on the mesh. The Chery logo at the front will also illuminate together with the headlights and tail lights to form the welcome light upon unlocking the car.
At the back, the Tiggo 8 Pro features tail lights that extend horizontally across the width of the car. The interesting-looking T-shaped third brake light is also integrated into the roof-mounted spoiler. The Chery Tiggo 8 Pro is also fitted with a set of 19-inch alloys.
Exterior features that come standard with the Chery Tiggo 8 Pro in Malaysia include:
- LED headlights
- LED tail lights
- LED daytime running lights (DRL)
- Illuminated front logo with welcome sequence
- 19-inch dual-tone alloys
- Powered tailgate
- Quad tailpipes
- Roof rails
Powering the Malaysian-spec Chery Tiggo 8 Pro is a 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder petrol engine. Paired with a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission (DCT), the Tiggo 8 Pro sends a total of 256 hp and 390 Nm to the front wheels only.
There are also three drive modes for the drivers to choose from – Eco, Normal, and Sport. The powertrain and further technical details of the all-new Tiggo 8 Pro are as such:
- Engine: 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder
- Max. Power: 256 hp
- Max. Torque: 390 Nm
- Transmission: Seven-speed DCT
- Front brakes: Ventilated disc brakes
- Rear brakes: Solid disc brakes
- Front suspension: MacPherson independent suspension
- Rear suspension: Longitudinal towing-arm independent suspension
Moving inside, the Malaysian-spec 2023 Chery Tiggo 8 Pro gets a rather premium-looking interior with a total of seven seats. Besides looking premium, the interior is also properly modern, featuring a floating dual-screen setup that consists of an instrument display cluster and an infotainment display. Combined, the two screens measure 24.6 inches in total.
Carrying on with the modern theme, the climate control is operated via touch-sensitive buttons and is positioned just right below the aircon vents. The steering wheel is leather wrapped and has a flat bottom too. To add to the premium look and feel, the steering wheel even houses switches that come with detailed knurling.
There is a reason why people have been describing the Tiggo 8 Pro’s interior design as being inspired by Mercedes-Benz. Take a look at the designs of the push-start button, door cards, and the Burmester-style speaker grilles, and you might just realise why.
Interior features that come with the Chery Tiggo 8 Pro as standard in Malaysia include:
- Seven leather-wrapped seats
- Memory function for the driver seat
- Heating and ventilation function for the front seats
- 24.6-inch (combined) instrument cluster and infotainment displays
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility
- Touch-sensitive climate control
- Flat-bottomed steering wheel
- eight-speaker Sony sound system
- Mobile phone wireless charger
- Multi-colour ambient lighting
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- Independent third-row aircon
- Electric panoramic sunroof with electric sunshade
- Remote engine start
Safety-wise, the Chery Tiggo 8 Pro is packed with a full ADAS suite and even comes with a 540-degree camera. And no, the 540-degree camera isn’t a typo. It’s just Chery’s way of advertising its 360-degree camera system that consists of an underfloor camera.
Here is a list of safety features that come equipped with the Chery Tiggo 8 Pro as standard:
- Adaptive cruise control (ACC) & integrated cruise assist (ICA)
- Front collision warning (FCW)
- Autonomous emergency braking (AEB)
- Lane departure warning (LDP)
- Lane departure keeping (LDK)
- Rear cross traffic alert (RCTA)
- Traffic sign recognition (TSR)
- Traffic jam assist (TJA)
- Tyre pressure monitoring system (TPMS)
- Blind spot detection
- Door open warning
- 540-degree camera system
To recap, the Chery Tiggo 8 Pro has just been launched in Malaysia and is offered in a sole variant only. Priced at RM159,800 (OTR, w/o insurance), the Tiggo 8 Pro comes with a 7-year/150,000 km standard manufacturer’s warranty and five years of free service.
The first 3,000 customers also get a special 10-year/1,000,000 km engine warranty for the Chery Tiggo 8 Pro’s powertrain components. The 1,000,000 km engine warranty program would normally cost an additional RM2,000.