Grab is offering senior citizens discounts on their Grabcar e-hailing rides to any of the authorised vaccination centres nationwide starting from June 12th.
Grab said the programme came after lack of transportation was quoted as the top reasons why senior citizens are missing their vaccination appointments.
The promotion offers citizens aged 60 and above up to RM 8 off per trip and is valid for four rides to and from the vaccination centre, covering both doses of vaccination shots. The promotion is said to be applicable for all payment methods.
Here are the steps to obtain and use the promo code:
- Register for a Grab account and verify your age on GrabPay by 7 June 2021 (users will need to complete their ‘Know-your-customer’ registration)
- On the appointment day, book a Grab ride (open to all ride types) by entering the vaccination centre’s location
- Copy and paste the promo code from your inbox (sent on 12 June) into the “offer” tab
- Promo will also be applicable for all payment methods
- Upon completing their vaccination, users can then book a Grab ride from the vaccination centre to their homes.
“At Grab, we have always believed in addressing Malaysians’ most critical needs through our services, especially during difficult times. The quicker we can achieve herd immunity, the sooner our communities will be able to recover while also helping our economy to rebuild itself. Hence, we hope that through lending our technology, network and reach, we can contribute to the government’s national vaccination efforts,” said Sean Goh, Managing Director, Grab Malaysia.
The technology company is also working with the Ministry of Science, Technology & Innovation (MOSTI) and Covid-19 Immunisation Special Task Force (CITF) to ensure that all points of interest at vaccination centres are available on the Grab app.
While on the subject of obtaining transportation for senior citizens to vaccination centres, GoCar is offering a free shuttle service to selected vaccination centres. More details on the service can be found here.
The latest SOPs from the National Security Council and Ministry of Transport states that there is no restriction on travelling to the vaccination centres on the date of appointment as shown in the MySejahtera app with the vehicle allowed to ferry a maximum of two passengers for this purpose.