BMW Malaysia today introduced a new variant to the G12 7 Series facelift (LCI) here in the country, in the form of the 740Le xDrive M Sport. Just like the existing 740Le xDrive Pure Excellence, the new M Sport variant will also be locally-assembled here at BMW Malaysia’s assembly plant in Kulim, Kedah.
The M Sport kit is being introduced as an optional “add-on package” priced at RM25,000, which brings the price of the 740Le xDrive M Sport up to RM592k on the road, without insurance, and inclusive of the sales tax exemptions.
As the name suggests, the new 7 Series variant is dressed in the M Sport exterior styling package, which includes more aggressive-looking bumpers and side skirts. Also present on the new “sportier” luxury sedan are the High Gloss Shadow Line trims around the window surround, alongside a slightly different wheel design – Style 647 M here, although still 19-inches in diameter.
Other M Sport-specific items include:
- M Sport brakes, blue-painted brake callipers with M designation
- M-specific kidney grille, satinised aluminium and black
- M-specific exhaust tailpipe finisher, chrome
- M badging on front fenders
- M-specific vehicle key
Otherwise, the rest of the exterior kit list is pretty much identical to the existing Pure Excellence variant, including the BMW Laserlight adaptive headlights and LED tail lamps.
Exterior colour options include Mineral White, Bernina Grey, Donington Grey, and Carbon Black Metallic.
No changes are found on the powertrain underneath the bonnet here, which continues to be powered by the B58B30 3.0-litre turbocharged inline-six engine, paired to a single electric motor.
- Engine: 2,998 cc, turbocharged inline-six, petrol
- Transmission: 8-speed Steptronic automatic
- Driveline: Front engine, xDrive all-wheel drive
- Engine max horsepower: 286 hp @ 5,000 – 6,000 rpm
- Engine max torque: 450 Nm @ 1,500 – 3,500 rpm
- Electric motor max horsepower: 113 hp @ 3,170 rpm
- Electric motor max torque: 265 Nm @ 100 – 2,500 rpm
- Combined system output: 394 hp, 600 Nm
- 0-100 km/h: 5.1 seconds
- Top speed: 250 km/h
The new M Sport package for the BMW 740Le xDrive adds on a new Individual Alcantara roof-lining in Anthracite, M Sport steering wheel, alongside M-specific door sill plates. A new Fineline Black wood trim with metal effect also replaces the Poplar Grain Grey items on the Pure Excellence model.
Otherwise, the interior equipment is identical to the existing variant, with highlights including:
- Live Cockpit Professional, 12.3-inch digital instrument display and 10.25-inch ‘control’ infotainment display
- Head-up display
- BMW Connected Package Professional and BMW Navigation system Professional
- 4-zone automatic climate control
- Comfort Access System with foot sensor for tailgate
- Nappa leather upholstery
- Massage function for rear seats
- Dual 10-inch rear seat monitors, 7-inch rear seat Touch Command tablet
- Sky Lounge panorama glass roof
- electrically-powered sunshades
- Soft-close doors
- 16-speaker, 460-watt Harmon Kardon surround sound system
There are no changes on the safety equipment for the BMW 740Le xDrive M Sport here in Malaysia too, with the Driving Assistant Professional package coming as standard, which includes features such as:
- Active cruise control with stop-and-go function
- Lane Departure Warning
- Lane Change Warning
- Lane Keeping Assistant with active side collision protection
- Steering and lane control assistant,
- Lane Change Assistant
- Autonomous emergency braking
- Cross traffic warning, front and rear
- Rear collision prevention
- Parking Assistant Plus with Reversing Assist, surround-view monitor
With the additional M Sport Package equipment, the new BMW 740Le xDrive M Sport is priced at RM591,503 on the road, without insurance, and inclusive of all EEV incentives and SST exemptions – making it RM22,450 more than the Pure Excellence model, currently retailing for RM569,053.
Included in the price is the Extended Warranty & Service Package, which brings the warranty coverage up to five years, alongside free scheduled services for the same period.