Alongside the launch of the all-new GLB 200 and GLB 250 4Matic, Mercedes-Benz Malaysia today also unveiled the performance-oriented Mercedes-AMG GLB 35 4Matic on our shores today.
As opposed to the regular GLB range, the GLB 35 is only available in a five-seater configuration, with prices starting at RM363,136.52 on the road, without insurance, and inclusive of the sales tax exemptions that will be in place until the end of December 2020.
Befitting it’s namesake, the Mercedes-AMG GLB 35 4Matic is dressed in full-blown AMG kit, including for the first time ever the on a 35-series model, the Panamericana grille. Other external AMG touches include:
- AMG front splitter with side flics
- AMG rear apron with two round tailpipe exits
- AMG roof spoiler, body colour
- Black spoiler lip
- AMG Line bodystyling
- 20-inch AMG 5-twin-spoke light-alloy wheels, tantalite grey with high-sheen finish
- Silver brake callipers with black AMG lettering
- Multibeam LED headlamps with Adaptive Highbeam Assist Plus
Similar to all the other 35-badged AMG models, the beating heart underneath the sheet metal here is a two-litre turbocharged four-cylinder engine, paired to an AMG-specific eight-speed dual-clutch transmission.
- Engine: M270 2.0-litre turbocharged inline-four petrol
- Transmission: AMG Speedshift DCT 8G dual-clutch
- Drivetrain: Front engine, 4Matic all-wheel drive
- Suspension: AMG Ride Control adaptive suspension
- Max horsepower: 306 hp @ 5,800 – 6,100 rpm
- Max torque: 400 Nm @ 3,000 – 4,000 rpm
- 0-100 km/h: 5.2 seconds
- Top speed: 250 km/h (electronically limited)
As an AMG model, the 4Matic permanent all-wheel drive system receives AMG-specific tuning, including a 3-stage Electronic Stability Program (ESP), and can be modulated using the AMG Dynamic Select drive modes (Slippery, Comfort, Sport, Sport+ and
Individual) and AMG Dynamics agility control settings.
Aside from the aforementioned seating configuration and the addition of designo red seatbelts, the interior of the Mercedes-AMG GLB 35 shares most of its kit with the regular GLB 250. These include:
- Twin 10.25-inch displays with Mercedes-Benz User Experience (MBUX)
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity
- Mercedes me telematics and connected services
- Nappa-leather flat-bottomed sports steering wheel
- Sports seats in Artico leather and Dinamica microfibre fabric
- dual-zone climate control with rear vents
- Burmester sound system
Just like other AMG models, the widescreen 10.25-inch instrument cluster also comes with additional AMG-specific display modes, including the Sport and Supersport modes for extra legibility on key metrics during spirited driving situation.
The safety and assistance equipment list also mirrors that of the regular GLB models, but with the addition of lane keeping assist, exclusive to the Mercedes-AMG GLB 35. Other safety and assistance features include:
- Reverse camera
- Blind spot assist
- Active Braking Assist with lane turn-off support for oncoming traffic
- Active Parking Assist with Parktronic
- Tyre pressure monitoring system
- Easy-Pack tailgate
The Mercedes-AMG GLB 35 4Matic is now available in Malaysia, priced at RM363,136.52 on the road, without insurance, and inclusive of the sales tax exemptions in effect until the end of December 2020. Included in the price is a four-year/unlimited mileage warranty programme.