At last, the new Proton Satria Neo R3 edition will soon be launched and this 145BHP warm hatch can be yours for RM79K. The new Satria Neo was developed by the boffins and experts from Race Rally Research (R3) team from Proton, in which FYI R3 is the current tuning arm for Proton.
The standard Campro engine is used, it consists of carbon-fiber box, through new and re-profiled cams generating higher valve lifts governed by a remapped ECU, producing over 140BHP at 7000rpm. The exhaust manifolds are replaced with a high-flow 4-2-1 and the cam pulleys are now lightweight aluminum items for that extra shove. In the handling department, it includes upgrades on the lower performance springs and new wheel alignment comprises of a perfected camber and toe setting giving drivers the grip and the steering feedback they desired.
Only available in Fire-Red and close 5 speed manual transmission, Proton is set to bring back petrol heads to adore this hatchback. We must admit, we love this one, especially on the newly designed R3 rims which looks like the Nissan GTR’s. Pictures were limited as the car is yet to be officially launched but the car was on displayed on the recent Tokyo Auto Saloon 2011 in Japan which should be the R3 edition.
A warm hatch for below RM80K is actually not bad compared to the Proton Satria Neo Lotus Racing edition. The Lotus Racing edition’s was released last year, equipped with Ohlins suspension and has similiar performance with this R3 version, but selling at almost RM40K dearer. Like the Lotus Racing edition, this R3 version will be limited edition as well.
- Power: 145bhp / 7000rpm
- Torque: 168nm / 5000rpm
- Weight: 1200kg
- Carbon Fiber Intake System
- Reprofiled Cams
- Recalibrated ECU
- High Flow 4-2-1 Extractors
- Lightweight Aluminium pulleys
- 16″ Lightweight R3 Gunmetal Wheels
- Bridgesone Potenza RE001R in 205/45
- High-Temp 500 Celcius brake pads
- Wheel Alignment set for spirited drives
- Fire Red metallic paint
- New R3 Front splitter
- New R3 Rear wing
- More prominent fender arches / titanium-finish trims
- R3 Limited edition seats in Nappa Leather
- 2-Tone black interior detailed in red stitching
- Matt-red dashboard trims
- R3 floor carpets
- Engine start button
- Aluminium foot pedals and gear knob
- Solar and security protection.
- 2-DIN audio head unit with 3D GPS navigation
[SOURCE: Proton Motorsports]