The new Mercedes Benz C-Class W205 AMG Sport range was not revealed recently and it is expected to debut at the Detroit Motor Show in January. While Mercedes is dressing it up, images of the sporty C-Class W205 AMG Sport variant have surfaced online.
Before we continue, we should explain that this is not an actual AMG or the replacement of the C63 AMG. It is the new C-Class W205 with aggressive lines and looks of an AMG, without a growling V8 and at a cheaper price than a AMG. Much like BMW’s M Sport, Audi’s S line and Toyota’s TRD Sportivo models.
In addition to the full AMG body-kit, here are the goodies that the Mercedes Benz C-Class W205 AMG Sport will be equipped with.
- Titanium gray 18″ AMG light-alloy wheels
- Front brake calipers with “Mercedes-Benz”
- Perforated front brake discs
- Window surround in polished aluminum
- Trim strip in polished aluminum
- Black B-pillars and bridge at the rear side windows
- Exhaust system integrated in the bumper tailpipes
- Sports suspension lowered by 15 mm and sports direct steering
The C63 AMG replacement may only arrive in late 2014, as for when it’s launched, buyers may be able to select this AMG Sport option on the available W205 models; C180, C200 or C220 BlueTEC.