Aston Martin unveils their brand new machine, the Aston Martin Vanquish. Bearing the same name as the iconic V12 Vanquish (2001-2007), this carbon-fibre bodied beauty is here to show the world that the British marque is at the top of its class.
Here’s the official video by Aston Martin. Enjoy the background “music” (o’ma gawd!).
This new girl is said to be an reincarnation of its predecessor, the Aston Martin DBS and even the One-77, from design to performance. To put it simply, she’s filled with Power, Beauty and Soul. Powered by a 6-liter V12, it generates 565bhp and max it out, it can travel at a speed of 295km/h. From standstill it takes only 4.1 seconds to reach 100km/h thanks to its lighter body and a 50/50 weight distribution. As for the interior, the controls are all new and including touch-sensitive pads on the center console. Find out more from the specs below.
- Two-door coupe body style with 2+0 or optional 2+2 seating
- New generation bonded aluminium and carbon fibre VH structure
- Aluminium, magnesium alloy and carbon-fibre composite body
- Extruded aluminium door side-impact beams
- Bi-xenon headlamps
- LED light blade rear lamps and LED side repeaters
- Rear-mid mounted, six-speed Touchtronic 2 automatic/sequential manual gearbox
- Alloy torque tube with carbon fibre propeller shaft
- Limited-slip differential
- All-alloy, independent quad variable camshaft timing, 48-valve, 5,935 cc V12
- Compression ratio 11.0:1
- Front-mid mounted engine, rear-wheel drive
- Fully catalysed stainless steel exhaust system with active bypass valves
- Six three-way catalytic convertors
- Max power: 573 PS (565 bhp) at 6,750 rpm
- Max torque: 620 Nm (457 lb ft) at 5,500 rpm
- Acceleration: 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) in 4.1 seconds
- Max speed: 295 km/h (183 mph)
Priced from £189,995 the Vanquish will be delivered around the UK and Europe end of this year. Now, feast your eyes and enjoy the images of this new British beauty below.
[SOURCE: Aston Martin: Vanquish]