The 2011 Malaysian GP is perhaps one of the best Malaysian GP in its 13 years of hosting at the Sepang Curcuit. Plenty of actions and overtakings despite the predicted rain did not fall. Here are some pictures taken from myself while sitting at the hillstand.
1. Lewis Hamilton. Solid qualifying but his race has turned out to be a disappointment.
2. The Felipe Massa of Scuderia Ferrari. Massa finished the race ahead of his team mate Alonso.
3. McLaren’s Jenson Button. Button preserved his tyres well which earned him a second place finish on race day.
4. Both HRT cars were qualified for the race. Sadly both of these cars also failed to finish the race.
5. Team Lotus’s Heikki Kovalainen. He finished in 15th place.
6. Lotus Renault’s Vitaly Petrov on straights. The straights of Sepang is a opportunity for cars to utilized the KERS and DRS for overtaking.
7. Good crowd turnout at the hillstands of Sepang Curcuit.
8. Tight overtaking between Mercedes GP Petronas and Torro Rosso.
9. The legendary Michael Schumacher completed his race in 9th place.
10. The winner of the 2011 Malaysian GP, Sebastian Vettel!